Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up next to a silver mercedes that had a the AMG logo on the back at a stop light. I didnt really think too much about racing him, but when the light turned green he floored it and took off. I didnt know we were racing so Ilet him go for that one. At the next light he rolls down the window and says "you cant keep up with me" So when the light turned green I was ready for him. I put about a car length on him to 60 and let off. He did the ricer fly by and when we stopped at the next light he asked me how much nitrous I was running... I told him none and he flipped me off and took off. My mods are CAI tune and exhaust. I dont know what kind of Mercedes it was. I know some of the AMG cars are real fast. It didnt sound like a V-8 and it was a bigger car.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice kill.

Was it a 4 door? Perhaps an S-class S55? Very possible to 60mph given a good launch. It would have been interesting past 80mph. The guy was a tool, too bad.

Edit - or an S63?

·
Registered
304 Posts
What a loser he is in many more ways than one. Hmm, well I guess maybe I'd be pissed if I spent all that money "thinking" I had the best and the fastest car in the world only to be proven that I in fact do not. Too bad the class of a car rarely fits its owner.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It was a 4 door. My car has been dyno tuned it wasn't a diablo or programmer tune. I paid 500$ and got 32 HP and 22 TQ to the wheels from the tune(aand the intake and TB Ported. I forgot to mention that. I know it is basically impossible to get 30WHP from just a tune on an LS2).
I only wish I had been driving the WS6... I would have really embarassed him in that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking online and judging by the shape of the car I think it was an E class mercedes. It wasnt newer, it was maybe 2001-2003. I still cant figure it out. It is bothering me cause I wanted to look up the specs and find out if he should have beaten me.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
He was pissed off because you handed him his as*. Too bad he did not handle the situation like an adult and give the proper respect you deserved. NICE KILL...:cheers

Some of those AMG's are mean - mean cars that will give you a run for your money and more. If you race one of those make sure it's a straight line deal...

http://www.gtoforum.com/f15/re-dumb-ass-move-18975/

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I figured out what it was. I found a pic online. It was a CL55 AMG. 362 horses and he outweighs me so not that impressive. Still cool because the guy was a D$%k

·
Registered
377 Posts
It was a 4 door.
Well I figured out what it was. I found a pic online. It was a CL55 AMG. 362 horses and he outweighs me so not that impressive. Still cool because the guy was a D$%k
The CLK55 TWO door is a mid-size coupe with the NA V8 362hp. A good race for a stock LS2.

The CL55 TWO door is a large coupe with the SC V8, 493hp/510?tq and should edge out a tuned LS2.

You sure it was a 4 door?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'm fairly sure it was a C63 AMG. This car has 461 horsepower and about the same torque. On one side though, this car is very fast... 0-60 in 4.3 average. So you must be a very good driver to really compete with this beast.
Here it is, its my instructors car at college, he says he beat his friends stock Ferrari 360 from a stop.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm fairly sure it was a C63 AMG. This car has 461 horsepower and about the same torque. On one side though, this car is very fast... 0-60 in 4.3 average. So you must be a very good driver to really compete with this beast.
Here it is, its my instructors car at college, he says he beat his friends stock Ferrari 360 from a stop.

That one is too new and would smoke me. Those things are very very fast. I have seen a couple of them locally.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The CLK55 TWO door is a mid-size coupe with the NA V8 362hp. A good race for a stock LS2.

The CL55 TWO door is a large coupe with the SC V8, 493hp/510?tq and should edge out a tuned LS2.

You sure it was a 4 door?
Positive it was a 4 door. I posted the link to the MT article. 362 horses and similar 1/4 and 0-60 times. My best ET was [email protected](I need some D/R's) So I feel pretty confident that I should have beaten him by a car. I think if I had run him to higher speed the gap would have slightly increased. I am by no means saying I beat one of the S/C Mercedes. Those F&^ers are insanely fast.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds right. A good race for a stock LS2. The C63 is a monster with nearly 100hp more and the 7spd auto. That would beat a tuned LS2.

Nice runs, nice cars all around.
Yeah. I am glad I didnt screw up the launch or he might have taken me to 60. Damn my small tires

·
Registered
32 Posts
A friend has a 2005 CL55 Amg,it has 493 hp and is super charged.This car cost well over 100 thousand and it is fast.I drove the Benz many times and my own modded Vette would have a hard time to take that Benz in a race.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

Aramz, curious - Your Instructor has dealer plates, what's the story behind that...:confused

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

Aramz, curious - Your Instructor has dealer plates, what's the story behind that...:confused
Good question.

The story is, companies lend him cars for weeks, even months at times, just to show up to meetings in that ride. People see a well known car designer in any car and think, "if this car designer who knows quite alot about cars is driving this, it must be good." This is his last car lended to him, which he is purchasing from the dealer. He just returned a Nissan GT-R a month ago, and he told us once he finalizes the purchase of the Mercedes, he is taking an Audi R8 for 2 weeks from Pasadena Audi. He is in line for a Lexus 600 (self-parking car) and a few other Auto Show introduced cars. He lets us get inside, inspect, and even drive them in the parking lot at the school. Awesome, I love Transportation design!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Good question.

The story is, companies lend him cars for weeks, even months at times, just to show up to meetings in that ride. People see a well known car designer in any car and think, "if this car designer who knows quite alot about cars is driving this, it must be good." This is his last car lended to him, which he is purchasing from the dealer. He just returned a Nissan GT-R a month ago, and he told us once he finalizes the purchase of the Mercedes, he is taking an Audi R8 for 2 weeks from Pasadena Audi. He is in line for a Lexus 600 (self-parking car) and a few other Auto Show introduced cars. He lets us get inside, inspect, and even drive them in the parking lot at the school. Awesome, I love Transportation design!
Now that's the LIFE!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts