Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this has been a long drawn out wait for me. Yesterday morning my car finally shows up in the inventory system with a vin#. I figure that's at least somewhat good news. The hell of it is, the car supposedly arrived in CA on the 6th of June. So for whatever reason, it sat there for over a month I guess. Does anybody know how long the trasportation process should last from this point? Assuming it left CA yesterday and is traveling to MS. Any thought/info is much appreciated.:cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
Because it's built overseas, it's got to go through customs. And customs, at least in my experience, sometimes waits until they have a huge group to go through before its released.

We bought an Audi back in 1999 and it took 3 weeks to go from port of entry, Baltimore, to me, Washington, D.C. -- a drive that normally takes about 45 minutes....

That's just part of it. Took 6 MONTHS from the time we ordered it to delivery...

Hopefully your's will be much quicker, given that it's registered as an American car? Speculating there, though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't know much about the process, except from watching dealer's inventories prior to buying mine, it did seem like there was some delay between when the car showed up in a dealer's inventory per Pontiac's website, and when the car actually reached the dealer's lot. This may be part of the customs thing that GTJimbo mentioned.

Something positive: it'll be worth the wait! :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
the dealer I bought my car from received the sticker 1 week before the car came in so I would guess that your wait is nearly over

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeffs386 said:
the dealer I bought my car from received the sticker 1 week before the car came in so I would guess that your wait is nearly over

Well, that's good news. Daytona is a LONG way from CA. :cool

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flyer469 said:
" Somebody tell me Something Positive"

The sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry could not resist :rofl:

Funny.:lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kanding said:
When you finally get your call let me know--maybe we and the yellow 04' owner in Starkvegas can get together sometime.

Will do. I'm begining to worry that my car won't be here before I have to leave. My lease starts in Houston on the 5th of August. I will be back some though.:D

·
Registered
556 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, that's the reason I have my Phantom Black/Red goat. I was (impatiently) waiting for a Grey/Black goat, which was supposed to arrive "any day now" at the dealer. Well, weeks went by, then Rita and Katrina were doing their thing, and I was extremely nervous about what could've happened. All of a sudden, the employee pricing was extended to the GTO, and I payed the dealer a visit to confirm. As if out of thin air, there's this black/red beauty wearing 18's on the showroom floor, fresh off of the truck, lookin' all fine and sh*t. :eek: So I thought about it for a couple of minutes, then decided "what da hell, I'll take it". If the Grey one was delivered much sooner, I'd have payed a few extra $$$. The moral, sometimes things happen for a reason. :cheers

BTW, the Grey one finally showed up after month or so!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts