Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Look what I found on my car the other day when I came out to my car. Someone left me a surprise. :mad: :shutme
(The pink stuff is either plastic or paint from the other person's car)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I feel your pain man. It just makes me so damn mad that people would do that and not tell you or leave you a note. I'm so scared that will happen to me someday. I know it's a long shot, but I hope you find that a$$ who did that to your goat.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seriously doubt I ever will find the jerk. I don't even know when it happened since it is on the passenger side and I am hardly ever on that side of the car. I think it happened was while it was in the parking lot of a mexican restaurant that I was eating at. The really sad part is they may not have known they even did it, especially if it was some old person. (No offense to the old people here)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Deadman walkin'

Went into Joe's Crab shack to have lunch. Someone in an Explorer backed into the spot until their trailer hitch scratched my front plate (driving the wife's car) and twisted the cover. No note, no nothing - they must have felt the hit. So, I keyed our plate number into their tailgate. If it had been the Goat, I would have gone in and called them out. Me on the Joe's PA system; "Alright, who is the deadman driving The Explorer?"
Seriously - that sucks!
Call your insurance agent and file under uninsured motorist, it might save you some cash on the repair.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Someone opened up their door and clipped ya. I saw someone do that to a 1975 Monte Carlo I had when it was new. I didnt say or do anything, but needless to say when they walked away they too had a bit of a surprise when they came back.:shutme
Never screw with a guy's car...........NEVER!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
It'll Pass

A good dent repair place (Dent Busters or the equivalent) will smooth that right out. Then use a clearcoat-safe rubbing compound (3M makes a fine one) to get the pink crap off and reduce the appearance of any scratches.

After that, start parking waaaaay the heck out in the parking lot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm paranoid with the GTO...with my daily drive I could care less...but if I take my goat to the mall or to someplace to eat, I try to take 2 parking places. But I feel your pain. I just went outside and while walking back into the house..my eye caught something on the trunk lid. Looks like someone leaned on my car or rubbed something on it...cause now I have 2 small scratch marks about 3 inches long near right above where the word pontiac is on the rear trunk lid.

I'm going to get the 3m clear bra for the front of the goat...but it seems like I'd rather have one for the whole thing LOL

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chief D said:
Went into Joe's Crab shack to have lunch. Someone in an Explorer backed into the spot until their trailer hitch scratched my front plate (driving the wife's car) and twisted the cover. No note, no nothing - they must have felt the hit. So, I keyed our plate number into their tailgate. If it had been the Goat, I would have gone in and called them out. Me on the Joe's PA system; "Alright, who is the deadman driving The Explorer?"
Seriously - that sucks!
Call your insurance agent and file under uninsured motorist, it might save you some cash on the repair.
I had a similar situation in my 70 Chevelle. The woman parked the excursion with it smashed against my car. I mean my car was almost off the ground becasue of the parking brake was engaged all the way. I was so pissed off. Then when she got out she was super hot and it sorta threw me off. I still scared the piss out of her.

Told her she had no business driving something so huge if she did not know how to use it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Find a good paintless dent removal service. I've had excellent luck with DentPro. The quality of their service depends on the individual who shows up -- so you might want to check with a couple of high-end car dealers or detail shops in your area and find out who they've had good luck with.

Was on the freeway once many moons ago. A plastic lawn chair wound up between the number one and two lanes. I'm in lane two -- when some jerk in an Isuzu Rodeo, all of things, comes flying along in lane one and blasts the chair into the side of my.

Wound up with a slight depression down the entire driver's side -- but after checking around, I found a DentPro guy who fixed it good as new.

Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Warner Robins GTO said:
I'm paranoid with the GTO...with my daily drive I could care less...but if I take my goat to the mall or to someplace to eat, I try to take 2 parking places.

Be careful doing that, people will go for your car, because of the fact you took two spots. Especially if it is up close to the store.

·
Registered
82 Posts
nineball481 said:
Be careful doing that, people will go for your car, because of the fact you took two spots. Especially if it is up close to the store.
Catch 22 on that one unfortunately. If I do take the goat out...I never do that if I park up close. But I usually take the S10 for the most part if I'm doing running around like that....unless I want to take someone out to dinner..then I'll take the GTO LMAO.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nineball481 said:
:agree

·
Registered
97 Posts
Old Women

I'll put money on it that its an old woman who did that. I have watched twice recently when I was in a car park, 2 old women (on different occassions) opening their car door and just resting it on the bodywork of someone else's car whilst manouvering their bionic hips into their own cars. I restrained myself at first from saying something, but when she looked me in the eye and just carried on without any remorse I just had to say something. And do you know what the old bag said? "I never touched it"....what a laugh.

One good way to ensure this doesn't happen to you. When you park next to someone, get out of your car and have a sniff of the car next to you. If it smells of piss then they are probably old and use your car as a resting place for their door while contorting their saggy asses into their seat.

Sorry about the paintwork.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That sucks... same thing happened to me a couple months back. I haven't had time to get it repaired yet.

I haven't had good luck parking really far out. I always have some jacka$$ park really close directly in front of me or right next to me... some people have no clue.

I just wish I could catch'em next time... Old lady, hot lady, huge guy.. someone's gonna get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Got It Worse

You think thats bad i came to my dealer one day and they showed my about 10 dents in my hood, they say it looked like someone "was beating on u'r car", such bs, no one has respect when u have a new gto in ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd rather walk an extra hundred feet or so than risk dinging someone else's ride (which can also cause your own paint to chip off). I need the exercise anyway, heh.

Our GTOs have no "sacrificial" surfaces to take a hit (rubber/plastic cladding or rub strips) and are somewhat "naked" in that respect.

DingGuard looks like a good idea at first, but also looks like someone could easily steal it off your car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.