Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i turned my gto in today to get the fender and bumper fixed from the accident i was in overthe weekend and the rental i got was a pos 4 door mercury sable i have only driven it about 20 miles and it is horible im going to be stuck in this thing for ever because the dealership said no one in the US has a fender for it i cant take more than a week of this car i want my gto back already. :cheers

·
Registered
314 Posts
04gtolover said:
so i turned my gto in today to get the fender and bumper fixed from the accident i was in overthe weekend and the rental i got was a pos 4 door mercury sable i have only driven it about 20 miles and it is horible im going to be stuck in this thing for ever because the dealership said no one in the US has a fender for it i cant take more than a week of this car i want my gto back already. :cheers
I remember when I got merged into by this crap Dodge Pickup with a Confederate Flag and the words "Country Boyz Rule" while driving my brand new '02 Silverado. Got stuck with this Malibu that was just awful! I ended up kicking the **** out of it and the ironic thing was on the way to pick my truck back up I got a ticket for speeding (54 in a 35).

Just think of how many miles you're not putting on precious...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I feel your pain, Ive been out of the goat for close to three weeks now, and it is also KILLING ME. GM told me they will be able to manufacture the part I need by mid June, however they can not promise me anything. It could be done sooner(however I doubt it)

GM best for quality, MAYBE, I DOUBT THAT TOO,

WORST FOR SERVICE, NO QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
the part I am waiting for is the drive by wire/ pedal sensor, they told me that GM needs to still manufacture the part in Australia and that is what they are waiting on, unlike you, I have pissed off my dealership and now they are even worse than before(happened a few days ago). All I get are promises from those people, they havent even looked at the other problems Im having with it and its been close to 3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
04gtolover said:
what part are you waiting on for your gto one good thing is i work at the same dealership as where my car is getting fixed so at least i can see the progress and watch it. :cheers
Yep, and I'm the one that ordered it! It's spac'd and it will be here in 4 days!! I know other dealerships don't take care of their customers, but here (even though he is an employee) we try to take care of everyone!! :cheers

·
Registered
161 Posts
The bumper and fender are a surprise to me. I had to replace a side skirt and had it in 2 days. The also had to put a left fender on an 04 recently and the car was gone from the body shop in under a week.

·
Registered
590 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
the part I am waiting for is the drive by wire/ pedal sensor, they told me that GM needs to still manufacture the part in Australia and that is what they are waiting on, unlike you, I have pissed off my dealership and now they are even worse than before(happened a few days ago). All I get are promises from those people, they havent even looked at the other problems Im having with it and its been close to 3 weeks.
That's BS. They could pull it off an unsold unit if they wanted to and if they had it. And it's hard to believe the part is not "on the line" and they can't get one from there.

My wife's Malibu Maxx was in for a safety clip in the ignition switch and told me it would be 3 days for the part. No big deal. They called back a couple hours later and said it was "done" Took part of unsold stock unit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
GTO Dealer, I need some help here could the dealership switch out the part, or are they telling me the truth, that with the drive by wire/throttle sensor it might not/wouldnt work if they just switched one sensor out of a Goat on the Lot. If you could get this part before mid June, I would trade my soul for it!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
some dealerships will switch stuff some wont at our dealership we just complety switched one interior out of one envoy to another because a lady ordered hers with red leather and then didnt want it so we changed the whole interior. it was a job but they did it. if that dealership wont do anything to help you when you get your survey from gm about the work you had done fill it all out negitive at our dealership they hate to see when they get negatives because it effects something they do with gm at least you will be able to effect them in some way for being a jerk to you. :cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
roadracer said:
The bumper and fender are a surprise to me. I had to replace a side skirt and had it in 2 days. The also had to put a left fender on an 04 recently and the car was gone from the body shop in under a week.
i wish it was the left side of the car then but mine got screwed on the right the bumper they are repairing. my car has no front end on it right now just one fender and a headlight its so sad :cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been waiting a month for two interior trim pieces damaged during a stereo install gone wrong. At least I can still drive my car. :cheers While I love this car, I will think seriously about ever buying a car built for GM in another land. :willy:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
GTO Dealer, I need some help here could the dealership switch out the part, or are they telling me the truth, that with the drive by wire/throttle sensor it might not/wouldnt work if they just switched one sensor out of a Goat on the Lot. If you could get this part before mid June, I would trade my soul for it!!!
Call me tomorrow @ 817.589.3316 ask for Steve, I'll go over some things that will be able to help you! :cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
the word is.... the same as before, I ll get the part in about mid June. (Which will be all in all about 45 days after I took her into the shop.)

Im so frustrated with Pontiac over this, Needless to say, Im about 90% sure this will be my final Pontiac, (I had a 98 gtp before this which I loved)

Sometimes when you get rubbed the wrong way it sticks!

I also realize all cars have lemons and all car manufacturers have car's that are in the shop for similar [email protected]#$, Im just disappointed they have not been willing to do anything extra for me.( I know they have 1,000s still available to be sold in the u.s. but DONT TOUCH THOSE, GM COULD SELL ALL OF THEM IN MAY OR MAYBE THE FIRST HALF OF JUNE)

Look for me on the road, Im the one in the blk on blk with all of its fenders kicked in!! :cool

·
Registered
590 Posts
I thought you had it whupped when Dealer stepped in. Sorry to read otherwise.

Did you speak with the GM Zone office ?

This part is not the same as on the C6 ?

I still think the solution is at the Zone. ;)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I wished I could do more, but in fact he is looking for the sensor on the gas pedal that is actually on national back order.... No matter what you do GM regulates when you get it. I did, in fact, locate two others in the states, one of which should be available for sale (pending on the dealer) in about two days or so, we are keeping our fingers crossed and as soon as this happens I will call the dealer that has it and ask them if they will sell it to me! If they will at least I will be able to take care of him by contacting his dealer and getting him the part! I can't believe that his dealership will not do more to assist him, if we had an 05 we would have taken it off and got him on the road! Other dealerships :rolleyes: :cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
I gave up with the Lodi Dealership, you know the saying, you can't beat a dead horse..., too bad I don't have a dead horse to work with, maybe then something would get done.

Since Ive been "talking bad" about the GTO I am going to remove myself from this forum. It has been fun, unfortunatly I'm [email protected]#in pissed!! :seeya:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.