Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
A few times when starting my 05 M6 goat, I turn the key to start and nothing happens. I then start turning the key back to off, and the engine starts and runs??

Has this happened to anyone else?

Larry

·
Registered
730 Posts
i have the same problem with the 06. it's like i don't have the clutch fully depressed or something. it will do it with both of the keys i have. i can't explain it but i contributed it to the drive by wire system. the whole car seems sluggish. for instance i can engage the starter, release the key and start buckling up before the starter stops and the car starts without my hand on the key. sometimes i even move down and kick it out of gear before the starter disengages. and trust me i have slow reaction times. at the strip i proved it with .882 second RT's. i'm probably wrong about the drive by wire system but that's what i chalked it up to. if you find out what it is let us know. i can't really get the results to repeat in front of anyone.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I see the same thing with my '05. I originally thought it was the clutch not being fully engaged and needed adjusted, however, I have not confirmed that is not the problem. It has happened to me 12-15 times in the last few months. I noticed the engine light comes on. So far, at least, if I turn it off, remove the key, re-insert and it starts every time. This is something I intend to discuss with the dealer and get fixed before my warranty runs out (sometime this summer = 36K). If anyone determines what it is, please post here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts