Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We let our son take the GTO out last night, by himself. He's on Spring Break, and goes back to school Sunday. Anyhow, we met him at a restaurant, where I was to swap cars back, and he didn't want to give me the keys back.

He loves this car. Said he turned onto the main highway near our house, goosed it, and his comments were "I felt like I was in a jet plane; the force pushed me back in the seat, and the front end raised up, holy crap!!"

He normally drives a '95 Nissan 200SX SE-R (~ 140 HP), so it was a real treat for him. I'm sure when he's home for the summer, he'll want some more wheel time.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ironmancan said:
Can I call you dad? Sounds like a good kid. Good job Dad:cheers
He is a good kid. His plans for Spring Break fell through at the last moment, and he was stuck at home the whole time we were in Miami. My wife wanted to take the GTO keys with us, but I said no, that would show we didn't trust him. Left the keys in the car, and he never took it out the whole time we were gone.

Now, he did throw a couple of parties; there was absolutely no food left in the fridge, the pantry, or the freezer, but that's OK. I figure somebody probably asked him to take the car out to see what it would do, but he knew better.

I've told him when he graduates, if I've still got the car, it's his.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
StarCaller said:
guess a lot of people would trade in their kid for your son....
Well, I hope everyone thinks as much of their kids as I do mine- - -although with 2 girls and one boy in college, I have to admit I'm anxious to emancipate a couple of them; get them "off the payroll" so to speak! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
NT91 said:
Everytime I drive past the high school kids in the afternoon, they stop and look as I drive by. I think the Gen Y's and Z's like this car.
Yesterday's comment (by a 20ish blond girl in a Nissan Maxima): Is that a new GTO? Wow, that's realy sweet!"

Nice to know a 2 year old car still gets those responces!:cool

·
Registered
53 Posts
My daughter just turned 16 and got her learner's permit. Her training vehicle is my 05 GTO, and I am the instructor. I'm happy to say she has been doing wonderfully. That's also part of why I like this car so much, as it's civilized enough for anyone to drive.:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pbmaniac2000 said:
I'm 18 and a senior in high school. My friends love me to come pick them up from school in my GTO. The stares you get from the ricers is hilarious. lol.
:rofl: No kidding. A big part of that is most of the ricers know what they're looking at, and it prompts extreme HP envy.

Wife and I were heading to church in ours Sunday. Came to an intersection, and a kid in an older Civic was turning towards us. He was stopped, we were stopped, and his mouth literally fell open, and stayed that way as he turned towards us. I tore out right behind him (he had right of way). Good thing there wasn't a dog, cat or a car in front of him, cause he never looked at the road. Like he was Linda Blair on the exorcist.

Brings up a good question: How far can somebody's head rotate on their body looking at a GTO?:party:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
noz34me said:
He is a good kid. His plans for Spring Break fell through at the last moment, and he was stuck at home the whole time we were in Miami. My wife wanted to take the GTO keys with us, but I said no, that would show we didn't trust him. Left the keys in the car, and he never took it out the whole time we were gone.

Now, he did throw a couple of parties; there was absolutely no food left in the fridge, the pantry, or the freezer, but that's OK. I figure somebody probably asked him to take the car out to see what it would do, but he knew better.

I've told him when he graduates, if I've still got the car, it's his.
\

Thats really cool. I promised my son a GTO when he graduates from college as well.

Of course my son is 7. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.