Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11-18-05 @ 5:05pm I was sitting in stop and go traffic waiting to travel one mile west to get to the freeway. Two lanes westbound + centerlane + Three lanes eastbound. I was stopped just past a business access entry, and the people behind me in both lanes were kind enough to let a gap in traffic appear for people to get in and out of the business lot. I was in the left lane, closest to the centerlane. A truck was coming up the centerlane, heading west, to turn left at the traffic light, about 1500 feet ahead. Then the **** hit the fan, or most importantly, ME.

A car pulls out of the business access and hits the truck in the rear passenger side wheel (Which happened to shear the axle housing from the leaf springs), there by shifting the rear to the left, and pointing the front to the right and more to the point, right at ME. The truck hits me hard enough to move me about 5 feet ro the right, but I also get my head smacked by the frame above the window. The truck continues it's forward momentum, but the front catches on me, so the ass end swings out to the left and he makes just over a 180 degree spin, and finally having his rear end hit the driver door of the truck in front of me. While the damage isn't THAT bad, it still pisses me off none the less. And of course, the person that is at fault for all this, has no insurance. :mad: :shutme

Continued in next post...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Man that sucks. I didnt get to see the pics. All I saw was the red X maybe because I'm @ work, I dont know. All I gotta say is thank god for insurance

G

·
Wait, are those temp tags or were you on a test drive? Looks like a simple fender replacement and its as good as new though. Glad nobody got hurt.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah, I've got the whole Uninsured/underinsured covered. But I do have a $500 deductable :mad:

Oh, and someone was hurt. ME. I'm having some headaches and such localized to the area I got hit. I'm going into a doctors office later today.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
big_mike said:
Wait, are those temp tags or were you on a test drive? Looks like a simple fender replacement and its as good as new though. Glad nobody got hurt.
Temp tags. I still haven't recieved the plates from the MVD. Allthought I did get another set of temp tags in the mail the day of the accident. *sigh*

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dont forget to take a good luck underneath your ride. Never know when something may have broke or "re-adjusted" itself w/ that independent rear.

Sorry for you luck man. She'll be back to new before you know it.

G

·
not really a simple fix.... It hits the cars bodyline..that sux man ... except for the body work .. the bright side is now you got an excuse to go with aftermarket bumpers .. LOL... honestly I see upsides and downsides to an accident...
upside is .. you say sh*t and "I dont care no more" then you will be able to drive the vehicle to its true potential...
downside is your baby had to take the beating for it ...

:willy: :party:

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
that sucks. sorry dude. in Michigan at least, the "kind people" that let the car out of the lot would be at fault. it's considered that they were directing traffic. i hit a car once when a dump truck in the left turn lane "kindly" let a person turn across the front of them and i was in the right lane and t-boned them when they suddenly appeared across my lane as i was passing the truck in my clear thru-lane. i'll let someone out in front of me going the same direction but you're asking for trouble doing it in the next lane.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to see and hear about this. Take your car to a good body shop and if you are badly hurt to some degree, call a good lawyer that deals with automobile accidents and find what you can do and take that person to court.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.