Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I finally got a video of my exhaust. I had the resonators removed (just put straight pipes in there place) and replaced the mufflers with a bullet muffler. There made by walker. I really like the sound... but I think I lost a little low end torque due to the lack of back pressure.

Also charter only gives me 10 meg of space, and of course the video is just shy of 11 meg. Winzip wouldn't compress it enough so I used Winrar. I know a lot of you probably don't have winrar to uncrompress it so hopefully somebody has some space that they can host it.

Sound clip

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTOJon said:
Oh man, nice...I want mine to sound like that! :party:
Thanks! I spent a whopping 300 bucks to get it done. And a big part of that were the chrome tips. I didn't want to cut up my stock mufflers so I had him get some tips that looked as close to stock as possible.

The GTO itself always turns heads... add an exhaust and people get whiplash!! :D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
05GTO said:
Your PC may have the sound turned off, does it work on other applications?
Yeah, it works on everything but this and now the vid you helped me post of the 9 second Monaro..... it seems it's just that site?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Grey-Goat said:
Thanks! I spent a whopping 300 bucks to get it done. And a big part of that were the chrome tips. I didn't want to cut up my stock mufflers so I had him get some tips that looked as close to stock as possible.

The GTO itself always turns heads... add an exhaust and people get whiplash!! :D
wow thats is a great sound. i was going for magnaflow cat back but maybe i need to re-think :cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! My biggest worry on doing the exhaust was spending 700 or more on something that I didn't like the sound. I had a borla in the past on my 96 formula and loved it, but heard bad things about it for the Goats. I didn't want an exotic sounding exhaust... I wanted something that sounded like an american V8!! I will be going with a full exhaust eventually and will probably change it, but till then... this is the way to go!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
GTOJon said:
Oh man, nice...I want mine to sound like that!
That sounds just like my "old" (now sold) 2005 LS2 C6 which I added Corsa Sports to. Sound exactly alike..............thats uncanny....(But nice!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts