Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now here's the sound I was looking for. :cool I said that I wanted to scare small children and make old people frown. LOL. Pay attention to my 4 yr old daughter's reaction as she corrals our cat to safety inside the house, and then my grumpy ole hubby's reaction to the exhaust fumes. LOLOL.




Click here to see Video
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Sounds great.

I had a loud exhaust put on my truck, at first it was awesome, about a year into it, I wish I never did it. Of course this was my daily driver, and cruising on the highway at 2400 rpms the drown would get anoying, oh and drive throughs sucked LOL, and to top it off, I couldn't warm up the truck in the morning, because it was too loud to have it idle (neighboors)

But it does sound sweet, enjoy it, downshift often, and beware of the cops
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
That sounds awsome. Did it pop at first because it was cold? Does it drone going down the highway. If so, at what rpm in Drive?

I assume they are Cherry bombs or are they another brand? Do you have just cats, resonators, and cherry bombs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It pops on decel. Can't really give you an RPM range though it seems to pop more when letting off the gas high in a gear, like winding out 3rd to about 4-5000 and letting off the gas. ( i have m6) But it doesn't do it everytime. Not the backfire pops anyway. It still crackles and burbles like crazy. A lot more than stock, and I love that. So far I've not noticed any drone at all. With the windows rolled up and/or stereo on, you can't hear it just cruising along and maintaining speed. Give it some gas and you can hear it. But no drone. The mufflers are a 'cherry bomb' type... they're cylindrical with about a 3-4" diameter, and looked to be about the same length as the stock mufflers. I had the work done at Midas, and it is their brand. He didn't really give them a 'name'. I now have cats, no resonators (straight pipe in place of them) and the bullet, or cherry bomb type mufflers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Total was $350. Not bad at all and I'm kicking my own butt for spending as much money on the Borla as I did. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I was thinking about doing this. Now hearing it and what your saying, I think I might go this route. It would be nice if you could buy the flanges like the stock mufflers have so you could swap back to stock when you wanted. Anyone know where to get those flanges?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Well you can do a cut out. Just have them put in before the mufflers, open em up when you want the noise, and close em when you don't. You can even get electric cutouts to do it all from inside the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
electric power plates are ok, but most leak a little at full closed, being metal on metal, you get this sound like a header gasket leak. tick,tick,tick

power plates on full open give you more at the top end but you lose some on the bottom.

on my '02 SS Camaro, I ended up making a aluminum billed plate with drilled holes to give me the sound and performance I was looking for.

Is that a dealer's vinyl sticker on the @ss ? that's gotta go.

i'd like to hear that beast on full accel down the street, through the gears :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
lisatw151 said:
It pops on decel. Can't really give you an RPM range though it seems to pop more when letting off the gas high in a gear, like winding out 3rd to about 4-5000 and letting off the gas. ( i have m6) But it doesn't do it everytime. Not the backfire pops anyway. It still crackles and burbles like crazy. A lot more than stock, and I love that. So far I've not noticed any drone at all. With the windows rolled up and/or stereo on, you can't hear it just cruising along and maintaining speed. Give it some gas and you can hear it. But no drone. The mufflers are a 'cherry bomb' type... they're cylindrical with about a 3-4" diameter, and looked to be about the same length as the stock mufflers. I had the work done at Midas, and it is their brand. He didn't really give them a 'name'. I now have cats, no resonators (straight pipe in place of them) and the bullet, or cherry bomb type mufflers.
Did it add any HP to the car being there should less back pressure due to the different mufflers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
westell said:
Is that a dealer's vinyl sticker on the @ss ? that's gotta go.

i'd like to hear that beast on full accel down the street, through the gears :D

:( Yeah, (for shame) that's a dealer vinyl sticker. I know I should remove it I just never get around to it. A blow dryer works for that, right? And as to the sound WOT... OMG. I'll have to get a drive-by clip. It's indescribeable. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
gameover said:
Nice sounding car Lisa ! Maybe I'll run into you this weekend, heading down to Carowinds Saturday morning. Thanks for the vid. :cheers

Ya never know... though I'm actually in Mint Hill, east of Charlotte. But if you're coming down 85 and decide to take 485 around town to get on 77 south, shoot me a PM before you go. I'm about 5 minutes off of 485/Lawyer's Rd. I'll give you my cell phone number and you can swing by if you like. I love to see other goats!!!! Have fun at Carowinds! :cheers


Did it add any HP to the car being there should less back pressure due to the different mufflers?
Honestly? My butt dyno is probably not as well tuned as some of y'alls. LOL. I've been too busy just listening to it. 90+ degree days and I'm ridin around with the windows down. Plus I just had a custom tune done this past Tuesday nite. EFIlive. There's a definite gain in HP with it. Untuned butt dyno and all. :D No hestation what-so-ever. Tuner says I gained about 25hp, though I could never remember what all he did since it was chinese to me. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
No worries. Yeah, hair dryer and pick at it; it'll come clean.

Take care :cheers No leg humping here, but it's nice to see a female enthusiasts. the local club here, Houston Goat Herd (HGH), has a couple girly owners :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
who? hrj? billygoat04? klam? txcosmos??? surely not sarge.... :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, tell everyone I said hey :seeya: and don't do nothin' I wouldn't do. shhhhh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
lisatw151 said:
:( Yeah, (for shame) that's a dealer vinyl sticker. I know I should remove it I just never get around to it. A blow dryer works for that, right? And as to the sound WOT... OMG. I'll have to get a drive-by clip. It's indescribeable. :party:
I'd like to hear that too. Maybe we'll hook up for the trip to Greensboro discussed in the NC owners thread.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top