Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading somewhere in the brochure that are cars come with 10 speakers just glancing quickly I can only locate 2 in doors, 2 by the rear seats, 2 by the back window. Where are the other four ? I must say that the amp, DDL & SDV helped tremendously. The sound system is not as bad as some make out to be of course can always be better. I have heard worse stock systems on more expensive machines. Has anyone run an after market AMP & Speakers with the stock HU ? I really like the way the HU fits the car and would like to keep it but to boost it with more power.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Most speakers will have 2 cones, 1 for mid range and 1 for high. It's one speaker but actually doing the work of 2 speakers. They count it as 2 speakers. I hope this helps. :cheers

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just be advised, once you start replacing speakers, amps, head units, etc. it can get VERY pricey. I started out with a $1,300 stereo upgrade and ended up at just over $6K.

JET

·
Registered
18 Posts
sound system and speakers

hey, I have been messing with my system also, did some stuff everyone is recommending but one thing Lotaguts mentioned the SDV. What is the SDV and what did you do? I am looking at maybe replacing just the speakers since they don't put out what the whole system can. That's kinda messed up they put in speakers that can't handle the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts