Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any sound system gurus out there? Installing a surround system with amp in my 68. Had it in an old car...remember reverberators (?) giving my age away.
Any one have knowledge which wires go where. Lost diagram many yrs ago.

It's a Pyramid, has 2 separate groups of wires coming out of it. Can anyone help me out here? Sorry, been to many yrs, don't have a refresh icon to click on in the brain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sound System

Hey guys....found the secret!
A son and a friend that worked at Radio Shack in their early yrs.
Secret...patience, testing, testing, a little thought........WOW!

Working like a charm....Beach Boys would be proud......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sound system

It's absolutely GREAT!

Tell ya what I put in........
I didn't want to cut anything on the Angel, especially the dash.
I got a USA 630 classic car radio. Has all the bells and whistles. Perfect fit. USB input ipod etc. getting over my head now. Remember, my first car was a 49 Hudson.
I/we input that into a Pyramid 7 band EQ with stadium/surround sound. Great product. Also has a built in amp. Fed that to the speakers ( 3 ways 400watts ) and hot line to a 12" woofer in the trunk and WOW!
Now to be able to hear it......I could turn it up at mid-nite, you should be able to hear it on the east coast. Just kidding guys, it is perfect. I did turn the woofer down some. A little too much for this old man.
I'll se what I can do on the utube though, will need the minds of the boys that did the install. It's great to have a good son and friends!
Will let ya know when it happens.
You have to hear the Beach Boys on it! That's what summer is all about, great cars ( your personal favorite muscle car ) and the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean...I could keep going but I think you guys have known that for a LONG time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
68lover first of all i love how your car looks. very clean. second why dont you go with components 6.5 all around? I will post a video of that soon. I have 6.5 component on my durango and it sounds crazy. I also install a solobaric woofer in the rear. Just saying

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys. I never really thought about a new system. I rat hole stuff. Got that form my dad. Never throw anything away. I acquired this stuff over many yrs and just thought I might put it back in use. Had it all in a BIG tote so rodents or what ever couldn't get into it.
I remember the 60's very well when cars and girls were the only things on our minds. The girls could wait but the cars? NEVER! We were always trying to do something different. Bodies, motor, and yes sound systems. Remember, all there was then were AM stations until later in the 60's. Nam got in the way for a lot of us........saw the "WALL"
too many friends on it.
Well, I got the idea to upgrade the 68 with the sound system. I think my buddies would appreciate it. Think of them often and everytime I start the 68..........
If I ever decide to up grade the system, I'll be looking for ideas..Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts