Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be considered OT and thus might be moved, but I thought I'd like to share this with the general GTOforums readership.

I work for a prolific aerospace R&D company in Mojave, CA. I was/am a core member of the recent SpaceShipOne commercial manned spaceflight program (collectively called "Tier One") in which we successfully completed three flights out of the atmosphere (over 100km ,or 358,000', altitude) and won the $10 million Ansari X-Prize. A couple days after buying my GTO (partially thanks to a bonus we received as a result of I took some pictures of my GTO with the White Knight carrier/trainer/testbed aircraft, the originals viewable in the Gallery section here at GTOforum.com.

Well, a couple of buddies of mine, who are very adept at PhotoShop, did some amazing (and really freakin' funny) stuff with it...

:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
that is waaaaaaaaaaaay too cool man. Wish I had smarts like that. By the way, congratulations on the sucessful flight, I'm sure it was an accomplishment of a lifetime, and I'm sure the company will be profitable with the waiting list for the first few commercial flights I read about in the newspaper (and TIme magazine).

·
Registered
117 Posts
The pic of the gto in orbit reminds me of a cheesy Star Trek TNG episode in which Picard and Crew discover a Model T Ford floating in interstellar space. I wonder if a GTO preserved in the vacuum of space would fire right up on a gallon of 93 octane unleaded after 3 centuries? :confused I need a hobby or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts