Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using anything different than the factory iridiums??

any recommendations on plugs and wires?? was thinking about going with taylor 8mm wires...
any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
If your wires are good there is no benefit of spending money on aftermarket wires unless you absolutely have to have another color. That's one of the benefits of coil on plug. The wire is so short it's pretty much taken out of the equation. As far as plugs I use the cheap old copper NKG copper plugs. Because of my high compression I use TR6 but for most the TR55 work great. Copper is the best conductor with the downside being they should be replaced every 20-30K. They are cheap and easy so that's not a problem for me. The Iridium last 100K (and why the car makers use them) but they don't conduct as well as copper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your wires are good there is no benefit of spending money on aftermarket wires unless you absolutely have to have another color. That's one of the benefits of coil on plug. The wire is so short it's pretty much taken out of the equation. As far as plugs I use the cheap old copper NKG copper plugs. Because of my high compression I use TR6 but for most the TR55 work great. Copper is the best conductor with the downside being they should be replaced every 20-30K. They are cheap and easy so that's not a problem for me. The Iridium last 100K (and why the car makers use them) but they don't conduct as well as copper.
ah good to know, i use to run a set of AL104's on my old grand prix...was considering going back to them here before to long and just wanted to know some opinions. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts