Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to drop the gto off at the dealer today so i drove my back up car a 2000 grand am to work and i realized the speakers in my grand am are louder then the ones in my gto they arent as clear sounding quality but louder

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya i have an 03 grandam with the monsoon and it is quite nice... i added an elemental designs 12" to the factory system and now it sounds almost as good as some totally redone aftermarket systems. i think a similar idea for the gto will help with the overall sound quality

when u can have a sub taking care of the low end, you can take the bass out of the other speakers which allows them to perform much better at reproducing the mid's and highs...... and u will be able to make it LOUDER while staying clear.

·
Registered
454 Posts
imo.........the system in the GTO is complete GARBAGE,I wish they would offer an option for a better system maybe a Mcintosh or Levinson or even Bose anything but what we have
I cannot even listen to the radio on mine cd's are just a bit better,I usually just turn it off..........and yes I did the amp gain control thing now its just bassier garbage

G

·
Jeffs386 said:
imo.........the system in the GTO is complete GARBAGE,I wish they would offer an option for a better system maybe a Mcintosh or Levinson or even Bose anything but what we have
I cannot even listen to the radio on mine cd's are just a bit better,I usually just turn it off..........and yes I did the amp gain control thing now its just bassier garbage
have you adjusted your DIC? lol that sounds funny, but through your display, there is an adjustment for the radio.

G

·
big_mike said:
have you adjusted your DIC? lol that sounds funny, but through your display, there is an adjustment for the radio.

WHAT??? WHAT??? cant hear you over the music comming out of my garbage .. LMAO...:willy: :party:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I adjusted everything and turned the distortion thing off
heres another thing about mine,when I hit the seek button it just keeps scrolling never stops on a channel no matter where I'm at,the only way I can get a station is to manually tune it but whats the use it sounds horrible
also no RDS
I guess the thing that really got me was that before I bought the car I read in some posts how great some people thought the system sounded

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.