Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded the stock kazoo's. Got a great deal at Circuit City on the 6 1/2 infinity components up front and 6 1/2 6002I's in the rear. With the sale prices and 1/2 price install deal I was out the door under $300.00. On top of that, CC warrantees the install as long as you own the vehicle and will remount your stock stuff for free if you have to turn in your vehicle.

What a difference!!!! All I need to do now is crank up the gain a little on the factory amp as the speakers clairity and volume override the bass when I crank it up. I am especially amazed at how clean the highs are, even at low volume. There is no muddiness in the midrange at all. If you like listening to music besides what comes out of your tailpipes, this is something you should not go without.

:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's great, I have been wanting to do the same thing. Do I understand you correctly about not being able to hear the bass? Is there that much of an improvement that you can't hear the bass or do you think that the subs don't put out as much bass? I have also read from some people that when they turn up the gain that the amp has a tendency to shut off. If you don't mind, I would like to hear another update after you turn the gain up on the amp. Txs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rcline33 said:
That's great, I have been wanting to do the same thing. Do I understand you correctly about not being able to hear the bass? Is there that much of an improvement that you can't hear the bass or do you think that the subs don't put out as much bass? I have also read from some people that when they turn up the gain that the amp has a tendency to shut off. If you don't mind, I would like to hear another update after you turn the gain up on the amp. Txs.

I played around with my settings on the radio. what I did was cut the bass to the speakers back to 3 (where I usually keep it) from 5 the installers set it at, and set the boost setting to +1 (boost setting shows up when you pick a EQ setting) . Also, I believe I read what cuts off the power is the dynamic distortion limiter, (I turned off several weeks ago and noticibed a significant improvement in the factory system).

After listening for a few days, I believe rather than not hearing the bass, what you are in reality is hearing less distortion. I believe someone on this forum posted a thread that cranking the factory ampit to 3/4 from the factory setting worked fine and they did not have any power disruptions.

I'll post again when I crank up the gain, sometime this week or weekend.
:cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
to adjust the bass and treble, turn off the EQ then push the volume button.
Bass comes up first then treble on the second push, then fade and balance.
I believe if you turn on the EQ setting it overrides the bass and treble settings anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Afterglow said:
to adjust the bass and treble, turn off the EQ then push the volume button.
Bass comes up first then treble on the second push, then fade and balance.
I believe if you turn on the EQ setting it overrides the bass and treble settings anyway.

you are correct. The boost setting replaces the bass/trele settings. :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.