Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ok - I went through the entire download - then the extraction (.zipping the file did little good) - now after all that I get an error message

"You've encountered error message C00D109B while using Windows Media Player. "

Is there a special codec required to view this? I found a place to download codec but there is too many to start randomly trying them.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks JMVorbeck for the link. Took a while even with broadband but well worth the download . I looked at the GXP for 06 but went with the 05 GTO . LeAnn Tweedan is a doll - Skip gets old hitting on her but great segment. Looks like the Bondurant Drifting Class might be worth it if they teach drifting like on the video.
With Press like this the secret may get out... :cool

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xman said:
Ok - I went through the entire download - then the extraction (.zipping the file did little good) - now after all that I get an error message

"You've encountered error message C00D109B while using Windows Media Player. "

Is there a special codec required to view this? I found a place to download codec but there is too many to start randomly trying them.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Hey man 3% is 3%!! You DO need some DVD software on your PC to watch this, there is no CODEC download for Media Player because that CODEC is licensed. Thats what I was referring to when I said you needed an MPEG player. Since you went through the 2 hour download, go to www.intervideo.com and download the trial version of WinDVD and install it. You can use that until it expires.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xcommuter said:
Thanks JMVorbeck for the link. Took a while even with broadband but well worth the download . I looked at the GXP for 06 but went with the 05 GTO . LeAnn Tweedan is a doll - Skip gets old hitting on her but great segment. Looks like the Bondurant Drifting Class might be worth it if they teach drifting like on the video.
With Press like this the secret may get out... :cool
That GXP is hot, if I wasnt such a gear head I would have given that more consideration. My 2 kids are still small enough to climb in back easy enough so 4 doors lost out to 400 horses. Can you believe Skip made that comment on camera about "Checking out the curves" right to her face! What a Pig! I love it! And Dude, she is a doll, but that chick's got about as much business in the command chair of a GTO as my sister. She can sit in the co-pilots seat of my GTO anyday ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Got it to work on a computer that had WinDVD 4 software. Wow! That was an impressive piece of work! Thanks for posting it! It was worth the download. (BTW, the beta download did not play any mpeg file on my computer)

·
Registered
44 Posts
shift_GRIND said:
it gets to 48.3 megs for me, then says its "finished" but it says corrupt when i try to open it.......:( ive got a 5meg connection downloading at 84kb....overloaded server??

hmmm. I have seen where you lose a connection, try to download it again, and it stops at the same place. Don't know what you are using to download (windows, or a download accelerator) but you could try 2 things. 1) when you save it, try saving it as another name. 2) delete the temporary internet files, and try it again.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shift_GRIND said:
it gets to 48.3 megs for me, then says its "finished" but it says corrupt when i try to open it.......:( ive got a 5meg connection downloading at 84kb....overloaded server??
I havnt gotten any alerts from the server and I just checked it, everything is green. Try using Download Accelerator from Speedbit. I limited the per thread bandwidth but there is no maximum thread count so if you use an accelerator it will really haul and if your connection is questionable the accelerator will recover seamlessly. Sorry for your trouble, but I think its worth the download.

·
Registered
44 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
I havnt gotten any alerts from the server and I just checked it, everything is green. Try using Download Accelerator from Speedbit. I limited the per thread bandwidth but there is no maximum thread count so if you use an accelerator it will really haul and if your connection is questionable the accelerator will recover seamlessly. Sorry for your trouble, but I think its worth the download.
I hope it isn't the same download accelerator that I dowloaded once. It had spyware up the wazoo

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the tip on speedbit, it downloaded at 290k instead of in the 80's. I tried it like 5 times and it didn't work, but with the download accelerator it went just fine! i saw this on speed about a month ago and was mad i never recorded, now i can watch it whenever :D

thanks for posting!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found that you need to open the file with DVD player software to watch it. Mentioned above. I had not trouble downloading it. Did take a while on cable modem but it downloaded as I snoozed.

Only trouble I have had it I haven't been able to get Nero Express to copy it to CD yet. Haven't tried to hard to do it, just a few quick tries, maybe this weekend.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.