Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday at 7PM on Speed Channel they'll be test driving 2005 GTO's, I'm sure they'll have their biased opinions (always seems to put someone who doesn't like GM test driving the car)...

Anyways, just thought I'd bring this up for anyone who didn't know, sorry if it's already been posted!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Country Boy said:
Friday at 7PM on Speed Channel they'll be test driving 2005 GTO's, I'm sure they'll have their biased opinions (always seems to put someone who doesn't like GM test driving the car)...

Anyways, just thought I'd bring this up for anyone who didn't know, sorry if it's already been posted!
If that's the same one that already aired they actually had good things to say and really drove the cars. They compared it to a G35 and a couple other vehicles and the GTO was best in all but one test. Those of us who have one know that it's hard to say anything negative about it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, hopefully I will be getting a 2004 when the '06s come out (hoping for another price drop, right now there is a Silver A4 ( :eek: ) for $21,000 here, after 2006's come out though hopefully they will be in the teens!) to try and finance one. I'm young, so I have plenty of time, so I may save up and try a 75% down payment...

Either way, I will be driving a GTO, new or used, by the time I'm 21! :party:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah it's actually a kind of good show seeing they have a Playboy Playmate or a Penthouse girl or something like that test drive the goat. They do so a lot of good things about it. The bad thing though is when they test it against the other cars at the end, they seriously have the worsed people in the world driving the goat and the person ends up getting a 0 to 60 time of like 6 seconds. The Mustang GT they race it against gets a time of like 6.3 seconds so because of the crappy driver it actually makes it seem like the Mustang is almost as good as the goat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
RiceEater said:
Yeah it's actually a kind of good show seeing they have a Playboy Playmate or a Penthouse girl or something like that test drive the goat. They do so a lot of good things about it. The bad thing though is when they test it against the other cars at the end, they seriously have the worsed people in the world driving the goat and the person ends up getting a 0 to 60 time of like 6 seconds. The Mustang GT they race it against gets a time of like 6.3 seconds so because of the crappy driver it actually makes it seem like the Mustang is almost as good as the goat.
Well, the Mustng is ALMOST as good as the GTO. But then ALMOST isn't quite there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, for you guys that have MSN home page on the web, they regularly run car comparisons. I've seen a few times Mustang GT, Vettes and some ricers, and they do side by side comparisons. There's a place to put any car into the comparison. Put in your baby and get a real warm rush when feature after feature has our GTOs better than the others.

·
Registered
565 Posts
8aStang said:
Well, the Mustng is ALMOST as good as the GTO. But then ALMOST isn't quite there!
The problem though is that the Mustang really takes about 6 seconds to go from 0-60. The 05 goat does it pretty easily in 4.8 seconds... faster if you're a good driver. That's a considerable difference in the world of high performance cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.