Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Get the PCM reflashed, or purchase one of the many "buy and play" tuners on the market.

·
Registered
188 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
Prededator would work,as well as the Hypertech power programmer.
http://www.autobarn.net/hyppowprogii.html
Can one of these remove or change the speed limiter ONLY without making any other changes?

Also, can a dealer detect that the speed limiter has been removed or changed?

Thanks!:cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mean Goat said:
Can one of these remove or change the speed limiter ONLY without making any other changes?

Also, can a dealer detect that the speed limiter has been removed or changed?

Thanks!:cheers
1. Probably so I'm assuming.
2. Maybe so...not sure. If you have to take the car in for repair work, just reflash the ECM with the stock program.

Others will have more input on this than I.......sorry.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Question: With the Predator tuner, for example, when you reflash the computer with the stock program ("going back to stock"), is there any remnant of the Predator program left in the PCM? Will the friendly GM dealer find that the PCM was re-flashed and try to void the factory warranty?

·
Registered
182 Posts
bergenfelter said:
Question: With the Predator tuner, for example, when you reflash the computer with the stock program ("going back to stock"), is there any remnant of the Predator program left in the PCM? Will the friendly GM dealer find that the PCM was re-flashed and try to void the factory warranty?
I dont think so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.