Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wouldn't you know it? i'm on my way to central washington with my friend and his sister and she was really excited about riding in the car. when we got well outside seattle there was stretch of interstate three lanes wide with the right lane completely empty (americans just HAVE to drive in the left lane, no matter how slow they are going) so i showed her the "stuff". got it up to 120 and backed right down. before i know it, there are lights behind me. an explorer with the lights in the base of the windshield? i remember flying by it, but there were no stickers? he comes up and says he's fish and game! i got a ticket by a game warden??? do they even have radar? i wonder if he did have radar cause the ticket was for 90 and i was doing much faster when i passed him, unless it took him a long time to get his gun on. is there any way out of it? if not, i'm just gonna use the excuse that the left lane was packed with slow cars, so i sped up to 90 (yeah right) to get in front of everybody before that third lane ended. and mention that if they enforced the keep right except to pass rule, i wouldn't have to do that stuff. i told the cop, uh, i mean fish and game guy the same thing. so, hopefully some of you have some info. i heard i could send in for a copy of the evidence that i was speeding and that the gun was calibrated? i'm also gonna call the fish, wildlife, and parks and find out if they do give radar guns to their wardens. thanks for any help. sorry this is so long

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. If you had a radar detector, you'd have at least picked him up if he was using radar, or known for sure he was hitting you if he had laser.

2. If he saw you flying by and didn't have either of these, he may have decided to tail you and gauge your speed that way (if you didn't look in your rear view mirror for a few minutes while you were cruising), and then flip the lights when it became apparent you weren't slowing down.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The guy's considered a "peace officer" and can ticket you. May be worth getting an attorney specializing in traffic laws to help out. You can also try http://www.ticketassassin.com. This guy is really good. Whatever you do, DON'T fight it by going before a judge. Ask for a written review instead -- that makes Mr. Fish Watcher work a lot harder than just showing up in court on his day off for double OT.

You can also join http://www.motorist.org. They have a ticket fighting kit that they sell -- although I think it's pricey.

I'm fighting a BS ticket in the city of Los Altos Hills, CA. Got a 49 in a 35. Problem is I wasn't going 49 -- some guy in a Lexus was. Got a copy of the traffic flow survey -- and this town set the speed limit 5 mph too low -- so I should get it bounced no problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

thanks for the info everybody. should give me a much better chance. i can't wait till i'm rich and can just smile at the cop as he writes me a ticket and not give a rip if my insurance goes up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.