Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Get a speeding ticket, what were the charges?

• 5 to 10 over

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • 11 to 15 over

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • 16 to 20 over

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • 21 to 25 over

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • 26 to 30 over

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • 31 + over

Votes: 31 32.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Speed said:
I have been stoped two times. The first just after I got it, I think the local cop just wanted to ID who owned the car. I have lived in my present house for 25 years and They all know me. I was doing 52 in a 45 @ 0530 am. The second was while in the Downriver Cruise. I was not speeding, the cop was just upset because I got to 35 mph to fast and he happened to be talking to a couple of ladies while I buzed past him. Of course I had my little bro with me and a couple of friends. I just gave him my info waited the 4 long minutes and got just a warning. He was a motorcycle cop - State PO PO and I think was just showing off that he could pull me over. So I thanked him and went on Cruzin. I have been lucky a few times as well (Knock Knock on wood). I was stomping a Mazda 8 and came around a corner to see a local guy just comming on to the road I was traveling. I work in Ford country and get a lot of glares from all the guys who have the new mustangs (you see them everywhere - it's like someone was giving them away) and the guys who work @ Roush. But I just tool away in my rare red GTO enjoying the rareity of it. :party:
Awesome, I was there for that cruise. Lots of super cars. I was in the K-Mart lot @ Eureka. I did not see 1 single new GTO there. There were however some beautiful classic GTOs. I wanted to cruise mine so bad, but it was 1300 miles away in my driveway. I think I like the DR cruise better than the Woodward cruise. That one has gotten so big and crazy all you can do is sit there with your car running stopped dead in traffic. The cops were great at the DR cruise, massive burnouts didnt even seem to turn thier heads. I was pleasantly suprised.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This was my third yaer going to this Cruise. There is another that has just started around here - it is the Telegraph Cruise I think. It was about three weeks after the Downriver Cruise. I enjoy the Downriver Cruise as well - at least you are moving. For the most part the cops are cool. I had allot more fun on Friday night - you are right it is like burn out heaven. I had people in the crowd at the K-mart lot jumping out and shouting GTO BURN OUT!! :rofl: , of course I had to ablidge them, but that's why I have to put new skins on. What color is you car?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Speed said:
This was my third yaer going to this Cruise. There is another that has just started around here - it is the Telegraph Cruise I think. It was about three weeks after the Downriver Cruise. I enjoy the Downriver Cruise as well - at least you are moving. For the most part the cops are cool. I had allot more fun on Friday night - you are right it is like burn out heaven. I had people in the crowd at the K-mart lot jumping out and shouting GTO BURN OUT!! :rofl: , of course I had to ablidge them, but that's why I have to put new skins on. What color is you car?
Cyclone grey, an interesting name but it looks more like a dull blue to me. I was one of those guys throwing icewater onto the side of the road flagging the big boys over to roast em up! I must have been getting a beer when you came by. I just had to throw on a new set in the back @ 6K :rolleyes: . After that purchase I have been a smidge more conservative in my tire roasting antics. I wish I had this car when I lived up there. So many cool evenings in the summer to cruise. Its just HOT here for a solid 4 months, but after that it will start to cool off again. I spent many a summer nights on my bike cruisin the suburbs of D-town. Ah memories.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got really lucky

I was coming back on the Mass pike from boston and this kid in a new ruststang kept messing with me and i finally got sick of seeing his fat girlfriend staring at me. So i jumped on it and we were off. At about 120 he was all done and i just kept going with a wave goodbye and as their was no traffic i decided to really opean it up. I saw the cop as i hit 150 and was slowing down. Needless to say he was rather upest with me. I gave him my military ID instead of my license in a ploy for a break. When he asked why i felt it was required to go 150 on his highway I told him "Because the mustang topped out at 120 and their was no way he was going to beat me." As he was staring at me the stang went screaming by. After running my plates and license he came back with a written warning for going 75 in a 65 told me Semper Fi and to slow it down. God bless Jar Heads that look out for one and other even after they are out. :cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
Purple People Eater said:
I was coming back on the Mass pike from boston and this kid in a new ruststang kept messing with me and i finally got sick of seeing his fat girlfriend staring at me. So i jumped on it and we were off. At about 120 he was all done and i just kept going with a wave goodbye and as their was no traffic i decided to really opean it up. I saw the cop as i hit 150 and was slowing down. Needless to say he was rather upest with me. I gave him my military ID instead of my license in a ploy for a break. When he asked why i felt it was required to go 150 on his highway I told him "Because the mustang topped out at 120 and their was no way he was going to beat me." As he was staring at me the stang went screaming by. After running my plates and license he came back with a written warning for going 75 in a 65 told me Semper Fi and to slow it down. God bless Jar Heads that look out for one and other even after they are out. :cheers
Damn, you are lucky. If that was me, I would have been cuffed and stuffed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Damn, you are lucky. If that was me, I would have been cuffed and stuffed.
:agree - 150 in a 65 and you get a warning. In Florida that is 4 tickets including attempted mansalughter and lots of cash for a lawyer to not spend months in jail
regardless of what ID you pull out...

·
Registered
96 Posts
my friend is nypd and been pulled over more times than i can count. he has an 04 rustang with a ton done ot it and we've ben pulledover from anywhere to 65 in a 55 to 125 in a 40. and it never gets old to see him give the officer the id, and see how pised the cop gets becuase he just pulled someone over,walking up to the car probably thinking "ok i got him for tints, exhaust, x pipe, not to mention at least 3 traffoc violations" now he's all happy that thats 6 less tickets he needs this month just to find out he pulled over a cop, who cant get a ticket anymore than he can. i have ot tell ya the look on their face is like you just told him theres no santa clause..... priceless :cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Purple People Eater said:
When he asked why i felt it was required to go 150 on his highway I told him "Because the mustang topped out at 120 and their was no way he was going to beat me."
:agree :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :agree
Thats the funniest thing i've ever heard. i live like 5 mins from Worcester and cruise there on the weekend and laugh at all the rustang owners driving around in first gear tryin to act like they got a real car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep I will freely admit i was way luckier than i deserved. Now i am just trying to get a few of my cop buddies to race me in their crusiers to see how the goat stacks up to a police interceptor from a dead stop

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got cited for 110 in a 70, I could of sworn I was only going 95, but Judge Dredd(motorcycle cop) said otherwise. Was given 2 pts for +100mph, this was all done when I was having "issues" with the goat, it was in "safety mode" which meant I couldnt pass 2800rpms. I go to court in a few weeks and am s#$%ing a brick in the mean time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Look everyone! The low lives have attacked once again! Duck and cover! :lol: Hysterical.....poor souls. Kinda sucks to be them huh. Ah well. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got one a few days ago for alledgely doing 55 in a 40 zone. Of course, after he writes out my ticket, he compliments me on my car, asks me if I'm enjoying it, and asks how much horsepower it has. :willy:

Trial by Written Declaration time, I'll let you know how it goes. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got 2 in 3 month but both were for under 15 over. One was for 11 and the other for 6!!! I thought that they didn't write any for under 15. I might try that website b/c these are on top of my 5 for when I owned my suped up SS Silverado :cool Sometimes it just feels like trouble finds me.

·
Registered
937 Posts
:willy:

First ticket in the Goat this morning on the way to work. 62 in a 45. Cop hiding behind a sign with a laser gun. It was funny to watch him run to his cruiser as I past by but not very funny to see him pull out with his lights flashing. There was a guy passing me in the lane to my left as he was lasering me and I wasnt going any faster than anyone else. Not sure why he targeted me. I think I am going to try my hand at a lawyer, never done that before. I think I have used up all my "Driver Improvement" courses. Whatever, I'll be in a mood for about the next week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear of your ticket Mr JMVORBECK

I never exceed the speed limit more than 3mph even if everybody passes me. Traffic law enforcement is income generation for whatever level of government is doing the enforcement. The only way to beat them is to deny them the opportunity to reach into your pocket. Even if you hire a lawer and win you still lose. The indirect costs reflected in elevated insurance premiums really rankles.

You need a legal speeding outlet like open road racing or tracking your car. That cures the itch and helps you keep your foot out of it.

There is nothing more satisfing to me than driving a high performance car.

Goat Boy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speeding Tickets

I got pulled over on a rural Virginia mountain road doing 102 in a 55. I was passing an guy in a BMW M3. Once he saw me going around him, he decided to try to prohibit me from getting in front of him by punching it himself. He obviously lost but I unfortunately got pulled over because of it. The sheriff turned on his lights coming in the opposite direction and of course waited for me to pass by so he could turn around behind me. He got out of his vehicle very pissed at me and demanded my license and registration. I was like, oh crap, this is it for me. He ran my plates and came back to my vehicle and said, "Sir, could you step out of the vehicle please?" I was sweating bullets because I knew that he was going to slap the cuffs on me. We walked back to his vehicle and he sat on the front bumper of his cruiser and asked me, if you were me what would you do? I obviousy said, well I would let you go because it was your first offense. He pondered on that and said, you are in luck today, I am going to let you go with a warning to slow down. This is because I am a nice guy aren't I? I said oh yes, yes you are.

So, I still have fun but not too much fun if you know what I mean,

Kannona :D

21 - 40 of 93 Posts