Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Get a speeding ticket, what were the charges?

• 5 to 10 over

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • 11 to 15 over

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • 16 to 20 over

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • 21 to 25 over

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • 26 to 30 over

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • 31 + over

Votes: 31 32.0%

• Total voters
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only one speeding ticket (not in the GTO which I didn't have then) for going 60 in a 45 zone. The cop told me if I went to traffic court I could plea-bargain it down to "careless driving" which has no points (but actually has a bigger fine).

Best break I ever had was when I was going 50 mph in a 35 zone on my Honda 550 motorcycle in Los Angeles. An LAPD car pulled up alongside of me, and the cop on the passenger side rolled down his window and yelled at me to slow down. Then they took off.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Received a few tickets during my younger / street racing days. No radar guns in the 1970s. Two tickets for excessive speed, 100+ MPH in a 35 MPH zone while racing on Long Wharf DR in New Haven. One ticket for speeding on a turbo charged Kawasaki KZ1000 drag bike. Also received a few tickets in the 1970s for driving Non Legal cars on the streets.

Was stopped several times for driving my 1971 Big Block pro stock Chevy Vega that Bill [ grumpy's toy ] Jenkins once owned and raced.

Was stopped for driving my 1967 Baldwin Motion Camaro with open headers,illegal bumpers and a few other items.

My big problem car was my 1969 426 Hemi Road Runner, another full blown race car that spent time on the street. Seemed like a cop would be at my house as soon as I switched the key to the on position.

The Cops must have liked me. I received a lot of warnings but only a few ticket back then.. been ticket clean since around 1980.

Owned a lot of sick ass cars in my time.

I have been stopped a few times with my Yellow Jacket GTO. The local police get it confused with the car owned by EDGZ06 on LS1GTO.COM. He also has a Yellow Jacket but his is one of the fastest 04-06 GTOs in the country, street driven and even takes his kids to school in it. 900+ RWHP on a Mustang Dyno in full factory trim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven't been stopped in 4 years *knock on wood* I tend to get stopped on my birthdays. It's a terrible curse. The last time was for crossing into a median to get into the left turning lane and there was a state trooper not far behind. He got out and stormed up to my car very obviously ticked off! He said it was a 350 dollar ticket and points. I talked myself out of it. The advantages of being female haha ;-)

The year before that I was in a wreck and got written a reckless driving ticket. The cop said he'd help me out since it was my birthday. He didn't tell the people I hit about the court date and when I showed up for court he winked at me and said its taken care of!

Later that same night after my wreck, I was driving my 97 tbird home and was doing 68 in a 35 and was entrapped by a cop sitting in the dark with no lights on. He wrote my ticket for 44 in a 35 and I paid 75 bucks and two points.

I've been so lucky not to get stopped and I'm going to keep knocking on my wood!

·
Registered
29 Posts
No tix in my goat yet!! (knocking on wood..) been pulled over more than once in it though, generally because i dont blend in with the abundance of trashy civics and accords in my area, and have done over 100 right by cops on the highways and not been pulled over somehow.. Only gotten one speeding ticket in my z24cavi, 94 in a 55 = Nollied!! Good stories!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was goin to a friends house after a long day at work and got on the road I front of his house which is a veryyyy long country road. So I hit it in the goat and got up to 145 and saw some headlights come over the a hill a ways down. It was a cop. But I guess he didn't have his radar on or was headed back to the station, cuz he just drove by me! I got lucky, cuz I've always hit it on that road. I've never seen a cop there with over 5 years of drivin on it. Took my GXP up to 140 on there, Acadia to its 107 limit, and Tahoe Z71 up to 100, which was REALLY scary! But after gettin to 160 in the goat, I have no want to go any faster again XD

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Got 'carless driver' for doughnuts. Never got one for speeding although I got pulled over a few times for warnings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I passed a Highway Patrolman at midnight. I was doing 115, he was doing 75. It was so dark I didn't know it was an HP until I went around him. It must have been the end of his shift, cause he didn't bother with me.... Ha, no ticket. By the way, that was in 1970 and I was 17 years old.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On my way back on vacation today. Got off the interstate onto the highway. cruse set at 63 just wasnt doing it after 4 hours of 85 in the fast line. Noone around so I punched it up and cruised along little over 100 for a bit, started to crank it down just in time, around a long corner county potrol was coming in the other lane, he probably coulda had at me at 73-75 at the time. Got me 70 in a 55. First speeding ticket... goat will probably be sold tomorrow to, almost made it! But i knew Id end up posting in this thread before I sold it. Good times none the less, now the state can take some more of my money! :willy:

·
Registered
353 Posts
As soon as I got done installing my Kooks mufflers I went for a spin with my brother in the car on the highway. Took of and got to around 105 and there was a cop right there. I'm thinking he had to poop or something cause I was pulled over for less than 5 minutes and just got a verbal warning.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts