Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I just bought a 72 GTO and I am starting the "Little things" fixes. The car is in very good condition, but not a numbers match, just a really nice driver. Transmission is a BW T-10. The original speedo cable is cut off at the firewall. Will a new cable connect to the T-10, or do I need an adapter? How does the cable route under the car to the trans? First of many questions to come.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, cable connects on passenger side. I was told that I will need an 80" cable. But I don't see an easy way to route it. Maybe thats why the old speedo cable got cut off.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
You most likely have a Muncie trans and yes, the cable goes over the top of the trans to be long enough. There should be/ were clips screwed to the body to help hold it up.
Ames Performance lists 2 cables 79-80 inches depending on how the cable attaches to the speedo head. One screws on and the other pushes on and is held with a clip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trans is definately T-10, I'll have to check the cable at the speedo. That part of the cable is still there. Thanks for all the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts