Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
SWEET:cool I swear I'm doin this. At first I was really dead set against it, but the more and more I see, well, I'm on the other side of the fence now:D

Looks very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Wow...Looks GREAT! How much did it run to fill in the holes and repaint?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warner Robins GTO said:
Wow...Looks GREAT! How much did it run to fill in the holes and repaint?
Cost was 0.00. I'm in the business. Welded the holes closed, did the needed cosmetic work on the inside and outside of the lid, refinished both the top and underside. The color came out dead on too....no blending was needed. Made me a happy camper. The job has to be worth at least 550.00 if someone was to come in to have it done. But if it was a color that required blending into the Qtrs. then it would be more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Hmmm....I might have to get that done then...it just looks so damn clean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Excellent work johnebgoode! The hind quarters of your goat look great... ummm, well, you know what i mean.

What is up with these bolt-on appendages that serve virtually no functional purpose? It's a shame that they waste money slapping on a non-functional hood scoop and a marginally-at-best functional spoiler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ralniv said:
Excellent work johnebgoode! The hind quarters of your goat look great... ummm, well, you know what i mean.

What is up with these bolt-on appendages that serve virtually no functional purpose? It's a shame that they waste money slapping on a non-functional hood scoop and a marginally-at-best functional spoiler.
My feelings exactly........What were they thinking...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
I too think it adds a little more pizazz to the GOAT. I do like the spoiler that HuskerGTO has on his GTO. Not too excited about the factory one. A bit too "curvy" for me.

I am curious as to the handling at high speeds with out the spoiler, afterall, it does add downforce.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOWHUH said:
I too think it adds a little more pizazz to the GOAT. I do like the spoiler that HuskerGTO has on his GTO. Not too excited about the factory one. A bit too "curvy" for me.

I am curious as to the handling at high speeds with out the spoiler, afterall, it does add downforce.
The spoiler doesnt do squat . Besides if ya needed down force why would anyone want to use the spoiler we have when its not a solid piece. The air will go right underneath it. Its strictly an appearance item.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
westell said:
SWEET:cool I swear I'm doin this. At first I was really dead set against it, but the more and more I see, well, I'm on the other side of the fence now:D

Looks very good.
:agree It's starting to grow on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
You guys are starting something here! I like the look of it, kinda makes it a bit more sleek. More of a luxurious/performance car instead of a muscle car. Makes it even more of a sleeper.

Can you get more pics of it from various angles to show the wife?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Cost was 0.00. I'm in the business. Welded the holes closed, did the needed cosmetic work on the inside and outside of the lid, refinished both the top and underside. The color came out dead on too....no blending was needed. Made me a happy camper. The job has to be worth at least 550.00 if someone was to come in to have it done. But if it was a color that required blending into the Qtrs. then it would be more.

Great job on the spoiler! Like the wheels too. Good way to keep your ride distinct. Want to have the same thing done with mine, but also want to fill in the pontiac emblem. nice job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
johnnybgoode...what body klit do you have on the there...i realize the bumper and sideskirts are diffeent...could you tell me where i could find one...also if you dont mind posting the price here thatd be great...if u wanna keep it private...pm me please...looks GREAT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Wow that looks so clean, very unique!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
johnebgoode said:
The spoiler doesnt do squat . Besides if ya needed down force why would anyone want to use the spoiler we have when its not a solid piece. The air will go right underneath it. Its strictly an appearance item.
Lets correct the record on spoilers here.

A spoiler can create plenty of down force with an opening underneath. Think about an aircraft wing and how it generates lift with air flowing over the top and bottom. Now invert the wing and you get downforce instead. Voila, you now have a spoiler.

Do a google on "Bernoulli Principle" if you want to understand the physics of lift and downforce. If you don't trust physics and equations, then grab a rectangular strip of paper and hold it up to your mouth. Blow air across the top surface of the strip and watch the paper lift up. You just demonstrated the physics behind wings and spoilers (inverted wings).

Having said all that crap. You need to be hauling serious arse for a spoiler to provide meaningful gains in traction.
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top