• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
formerly NJGoat
1,843 Posts
what do you perfer ?
04-06 GTO with a spoiler or without?
I like the spoiler on, I've seen cars with the spoiler delete which does look nice and clean. I just think that the spoiler gives it more of a muscle car look rather than the altima/camary/lexus etc. looks. :cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Spoiler on! The 2004 GTO without body styling was, well, boring. At the Atlanta auto show I had my first exposure to the GTO, the interior was awesome but as I told the GM employees there, it was boring. They said to wait and check out the 2005. The el fakeo hood scoops and trim mods were enough to do it for me.

But, I like seeing GTO's on the road no matter what! Amazingly, I live 40 miles north of Atlanta and have only seen 3 other GTO's in the area in over 2 years. Even in my 40,000 miles of travel in my goat, I've only run across 10-12 goat sightings. Amazing. I still get tons of second looks at our pet on a daily basis.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,843 Posts
Goat sightings

I hardly ever see a goat where I live. I went to therapy last week and took the wifes tahoe, threat of rain, and I saw a 05 or 06 darker gray metallic goat driving down rt.#49 in Pennsville Township here in South Jersey. Let me tell ya, she looked cool coming down the road!

Another thing about not driving mine everyday, is that when that nice day comes, and I fire that goat up, it just shoots a chill down my spine. Love it!! Never felt that way with any other car, not even my 99 Pontiac Firebird Formula.:cheers

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I think the Goat looks good either way, but personally i'm a fan of simplicity.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
A goat with no spoiler makes me naucious. I'd go a step further, I'm a big fan of the SAP rear wing, it's my favorite addition to my car, even moreso then the grill inserts or the front fascia extension or engine work. You see a wing or nice spoiler, the car is speaking to the others on the road. "Hey, I have performance, look at me." I'm not referring to those god awful whale tails you find on the evo and sti. But speaking from personal experience driving a performance sports car, when I see something that's got a spoiler or wing on the back, it get's my 100% attention to the point that I almost wreck trying to figure out what it is and what it's got under the hood.
Dusty.
p.s. Vettes need not apply. Like Mr. Ed said, a vette is a vette of course of course, and nobody can f#$k with a vette of course...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've liked certain cars I've seen without the spoiler- Yellowjacket looks great with wheels and 3inch exhaust pipes and the GTO painted in Yellow as well.

I've seen a Torrid red like mine with stock rims and it looked good but not as good as the Yellow one. could have been the picture though.
Another thing to remember that the spoiler has the additional brake light on it which adds to the light show at night.

I gave the nod to spoiler delete.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm not necessarily "anti-spoiler" on all cars, but the spoiler that comes on my GTO sure is a homely/goofy looking S.O.B.. It doesn't scream "I have performance, look at me..", it screams "I have a poorly-styled, chunky, awful spoiler, look at me...".

Furthermore, anything that screams "look at me" goes down as goof-ball and laughable in my book. Good looks gets attention, period. SCREAMING for attention just comes off as desperate and insecure and posing..

It's like anything else, if you're a good looking guy with an athletic build and a confident attitude, you'll do well on the single's scene just being yourself. But if you walk into every bar wearing some jack-off Hugo Boss shirt, sun glasses, and a battery of gaudy gold jewelry, and scream "hey, LADIES, check THIS out!!!"... You can make yourself believe all night long that you're "putting out the vibe", that you're dressed up as manly as a man can get. But trust me...... You're not getting laid.... unless there happens to be a gal who's equally as cheese-cake as you at the same club...

Same goes for car styling... Walking softly but carrying a big stick always gets more respect. Big spoilers, stripes, overkill... it gets attention from some, gets laughed at by most.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,843 Posts
I'm not necessarily "anti-spoiler" on all cars, but the spoiler that comes on my GTO sure is a homely/goofy looking S.O.B.. It doesn't scream "I have performance, look at me..", it screams "I have a poorly-styled, chunky, awful spoiler, look at me...".

Furthermore, anything that screams "look at me" goes down as goof-ball and laughable in my book. Good looks gets attention, period. SCREAMING for attention just comes off as desperate and insecure and posing..

It's like anything else, if you're a good looking guy with an athletic build and a confident attitude, you'll do well on the single's scene just being yourself. But if you walk into every bar wearing some jack-off Hugo Boss shirt, sun glasses, and a battery of gaudy gold jewelry, and scream "hey, LADIES, check THIS out!!!"... You can make yourself believe all night long that you're "putting out the vibe", that you're dressed up as manly as a man can get. But trust me...... You're not getting laid.... unless there happens to be a gal who's equally as cheese-cake as you at the same club...

Same goes for car styling... Walking softly but carrying a big stick always gets more respect. Big spoilers, stripes, overkill... it gets attention from some, gets laughed at by most.
WOW!:lol: That is puttin' it in a differnt light! But, then again, we all have differnt tastes, and your right, we all aren't walking with the big stick:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts