Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
"Moderation in all things," as they say. Some people don't know when too much is . . . well, too much.

We've devoted a lot of time to the GTO's spoiler on this forum. I happen to like it. But herewith, a spoiler story of my own from today's commute:

So I'm driving westbound on a suburban four-lane street about 6:30 a.m., the sun low on the horizon behind me. I'm in the left lane, slogging along behind a slow-moving Honda, and I decide to move to the open right lane. I signal, check my mirrors and start drifting to the right. Just as I take my usual, cautionary glance over my right shoulder, the rising sun glints off something. I swerve back into the left lane to avoid a collision . . . only to realize I've just been scared by my own spoiler.

Had a good laugh at myself over that one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
GM Kid said:
"Moderation in all things," as they say. Some people don't know when too much is . . . well, too much.

We've devoted a lot of time to the GTO's spoiler on this forum. I happen to like it. But herewith, a spoiler story of my own from today's commute:

So I'm driving westbound on a suburban four-lane street about 6:30 a.m., the sun low on the horizon behind me. I'm in the left lane, slogging along behind a slow-moving Honda, and I decide to move to the open right lane. I signal, check my mirrors and start drifting to the right. Just as I take my usual, cautionary glance over my right shoulder, the rising sun glints off something. I swerve back into the left lane to avoid a collision . . . only to realize I've just been scared by my own spoiler.

Had a good laugh at myself over that one!
:lol:

Do you have a stock spoiler on? I never noticed it like that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Goatacular said:
See now there is a difference with that spoiler and the typical ricer spoiler.

The typical ricer spoiler is usually really curvy and maybe sleek looking, and of course isn't quite that high and wide out because they don't think it looks good with their car. Of course though pretty much any spoiler unlike the one Rhys has on his goat isn't very functional. I still however would like to know how the typical ricer spoiler adds 30hp... that's just so cool.

So Rhys's spoiler is just so freakin big that the sucker actually does serve a purpose, especially in drifting. That thing is going to catch every bit of wind resistance it finds, and use it to plant the rear end to the ground. Why do you think he's so good at drift racing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
RiceEater said:
So Rhys's spoiler is just so freakin big that the sucker actually does serve a purpose, especially in drifting. That thing is going to catch every bit of wind resistance it finds, and use it to plant the rear end to the ground. Why do you think he's so good at drift racing?
Cool, guess you've been watching FomulaD on G4..... Yeah thats a helluva wind catcher and the 600+HP make a nice drifting package :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
RiceEater said:
:lol:

Do you have a stock spoiler on? I never noticed it like that...
Yeah, it's just the stock spoiler, so you'd think I'd know better. There was just something about the way the morning sun was hitting it. When I glanced over my shoulder to make the lane change, for an infinitessimal moment I thought there was an oncoming car in the lane to my right.

Better safe than sorry, I guess, but if it's possible to feel embarrassed even when you're alone . . . well, I was!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top