Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have removed the spoiler, but I don't recall the reasons why other than asthetics. Does anyone have any figures on the functionality of it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The spoiler is not very stiff. You can deform it with little hand pressure.

Based on that, I'd think it has limited functionality and probably deforms at high speeds.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The spoiler performs no function, yet makes up for that by looking absolutely dorky and cluttering nice sheetmetal lines.

Obviously a Pontiac idea.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
GrayGoat said:
I'd like to try the one from Arrowhead Performance, but for $425 primed, I'd need to see it in person, or more pics before I decide to part with my money. :cheers
Be very, very careful...the stuff I've seen from AP has been of very poor quality.

It's a shame, because I like the fact that it uses the stock holes.

This one, however, is very sexy...but it will involve getting your spoiler holes filled. From JHP in Oz.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Some are removing them because they are non-functional and some are removing them because they like the lip on the trunk lid that is hidden by the spoiler. I for one like the spoiler but I might remove it just to free up some more weight along with the skid plate (already gone), heavy ass stock exhaust manifolds (replaced with headers) and stock mufflers and intermediate pipe w/resonators (gone bye-bye too). I've probably only freed up about 60 pounds or so but any weight loss off this hefty swine is worth it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
Some are removing them because they are non-functional and some are removing them because they like the lip on the trunk lid that is hidden by the spoiler. I for one like the spoiler but I might remove it just to free up some more weight along with the skid plate (already gone), heavy ass stock exhaust manifolds (replaced with headers) and stock mufflers and intermediate pipe w/resonators (gone bye-bye too). I've probably only freed up about 60 pounds or so but any weight loss off this hefty swine is worth it.
You're on your way to obtaining some decent ET's. Every 100lbs. is .10 second off your elapsed time

·
Registered
72 Posts
This one, however, is very sexy...but it will involve getting your spoiler holes filled. From JHP in Oz.

[/QUOTE]

We're on the same page here. I emailed them a while back about details and the fact they didn't use the origional holes was a let-down - Very nice spoiler though!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Groucho said:
Be very, very careful...the stuff I've seen from AP has been of very poor quality.

It's a shame, because I like the fact that it uses the stock holes.

:agree .... I was at a car show and was "lucky" enough to see one of the Arrowhead Stage 2 cars, all I have to say is I've seen cheap ass import body kits that looked better! I'm not out to piss anyone off, just stating facts, the front "chin" spoiler was held on by rivets and didn't line up at all. The rear fascia didn't match the lines of the car at all, and the hood didn't line up with the feners at all, it was horrible!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Groucho said:
The spoiler performs no function, yet makes up for that by looking absolutely dorky and cluttering nice sheetmetal lines.

Obviously a Pontiac idea.
To each his own. I like the look of the spoiler on the PBM GTO. That dorky comment might have something to do w/ your yellow color. :cheers

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thats what you have to love this forum for. Everyone has their likes/dislikes. Enjoy your Pontiac Monaro Holden GTO.

:cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Pennsylvania Goat said:
Thats what you have to love this forum for. Everyone has their likes/dislikes. Enjoy your Pontiac Monaro Holden GTO.

:cheers
Boy...I'll try...but I'm having a hard time getting past the yellow.

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts