Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Show Off Your Rear End - Spoilerless and Non Stock Spoiler Goat Pictures

SHOW OFF YOUR REAR END! POST PICTURES OF SPOILERLESS GOATS HERE!
Lets start a new thread with pictures of wingless goats in as many colors as possible, and to add to the mix, as many pictures of non factory (SAP is non factory for purposes of this thread) rear spoilers..
Here is my "SlowSilver" '04

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES

·
Registered
144 Posts
Heres my recently de-spoilered Pulse Red 04

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was frustrated with not being able to see people tailgating me at night. The good looking pictures of the Monaros in Australia inspired me to go sans spoiler!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I've been painting the plastic plugs over the last couple of nights and waiting with anticipation for the spoiler removal. This morning I pulled the spoiler off, only after having to make a trip to Autozone for a female star socket for the spoiler studs.

Upon removal I was upset to see that the two sheet metal pieces sandwiched together were each drilled seperately, and their holes are too misaligned to squeeze the plugs in. Only option would be to drill, which I'm not too keen on doing quite yet. I pulled the car outside without the spoiler and just was amazed at how much more sleek it was, but I regretably put the spoiler back on. Now I'm itching to find a body shop which could do this the right way, though obviously at a cost. Or maybe I could wait to see if GM will offer undrilled trunk lids, who knows...maybe no spoiler might end up as a late option for a future goat...

I did get the 3/4" plug in fine but had to drill it out once I realized I couldn't install the little ones. Has anyone else had to drill to open up the holes?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
bemeyer said:
Well, I've been painting the plastic plugs over the last couple of nights and waiting with anticipation for the spoiler removal. This morning I pulled the spoiler off, only after having to make a trip to Autozone for a female star socket for the spoiler studs.

Upon removal I was upset to see that the two sheet metal pieces sandwiched together were each drilled seperately, and their holes are too misaligned to squeeze the plugs in. Only option would be to drill, which I'm not too keen on doing quite yet. I pulled the car outside without the spoiler and just was amazed at how much more sleek it was, but I regretably put the spoiler back on. Now I'm itching to find a body shop which could do this the right way, though obviously at a cost. Or maybe I could wait to see if GM will offer undrilled trunk lids, who knows...maybe no spoiler might end up as a late option for a future goat...

I did get the 3/4" plug in fine but had to drill it out once I realized I couldn't install the little ones. Has anyone else had to drill to open up the holes?
I drilled the 3/8" holes, and Dremelled the 3/4" wire hole. No problems-- and the plugs fit tight.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My holes were not round either, nor could I push them in by hand. Look at your plugs - they only have verticle support on two sides running down to the bottom circle that holds the plastic latches/fingers the come back up underneath the cap. I aligned these two verticle supports along the longest part of the hole figuring that the latches/fingers really wouldn't care if the hole was round or not. I then pressed them in as best I could and rapped them with a rubber mallet. They popped right in and have been fine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmmm.. The right two could possibly be tapped in, but I couldn't hold them still enough to tap in. Also, the drivers side are way too small and very elliptical due to the rather extreme misalignment of the two overlapped sheet metal holes, so I knew I had to throw in the towel on the easy job.

I don't know why I'm nervous about drilling open the small holes. I'd hate to slip and run the drill across the trunk! :eek: After seeing how much better it looks off I just don't like the look of it on now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The holes in mine were uneven as well and I just got 'em in there and siliconed them all in so they'd stay put. I really like the spoilerless look, and plan to get the holes filled sooner or later. I'm happy enough with the look of the hole covers that it may be a while.

JHP did have a smaller spoiler that I liked (small 'lip' on the Monaro), but they said it wouldn't fit the same holes as the Goat, so.......No more spoiler. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
SHOW OFF YOUR REAR END! POST PICTURES OF SPOILERLESS GOATS HERE!
Lets start a new thread with pictures of wingless goats in as many colors as possible, and to add to the mix, as many pictures of non factory (SAP is non factory for purposes of this thread) rear spoilers..
Here is my "SlowSilver" '04

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES

no offense, but what made you choose those wheels?????

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmmm interesting look, w/o the wing.... I can see the bimmer resemblance that someone mentioned, but, from some angles, it kinda looks like a ford probe (not necessarily a bad thing, just an opinion). I like it better with the wing ... that's JUST my opinion.

On a side note, I like mine better w/o the wing, but it was a factory installed option, so it stays ...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.