Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
+1....dont throw on a generic Jc Whitney spoiler find a judge spoiler.....actually in 71' i believe they put out some judges with a firebird like spoiler....very few though.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Your first post Cool and Welcome.. You thinking cause it is a (Not judge) something a little different huh.. Might see if you can find what I call a duck tail. Think somebody was making them a few years back. Will check in my picture file to see if I can find a old shot or a little help from you all out there would be good too..:seeya:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone ever seen the spoilers from "Parts Place Inc." ? they have one avail but no picture which is a little questionable.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
+1....dont throw on a generic Jc Whitney spoiler find a judge spoiler.....actually in 71' i believe they put out some judges with a firebird like spoiler....very few though.
IIRC GTO had a ducktale spoiler option for 72 only that is extremely rare. The numbers I recall hearing were supposedly only 2 cars recieved them installed from the factory and maybe only 12 total produced before a problem with the mold surfaced. I've seen pictures and I'm sure one of the picture sites has one, they really look awsome on these cars, it fits the body lines perfectly. And it probably even creates a little downforce unlike the 69 Judge style spoiler.

The 77 Can Am also had a ducktale spoiler (and supposed mold problems too :lol:).

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Great photo for reference. I love the look of that spoiler. :cheers

Anyone repro-ing them? I notice the trunk has Pontiac script in the middle, owner added?

I wonder if this is one of the cars that actually came with the spoiler?

Does anyone else have any numbers? :confused

1 - 10 of 10 Posts