Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a decent day, so I decided to pull the car out of the garage to get the front seat in without messing up the G8 or the fresh paint on mine. So the roommate grabbed his goPro and took a little vid of the car for me. Just a few small things left to put on and it's about ready to go to the shop for an inspection and to get the exhaust welded up since its just clamped right now. For those curious and haven't been following it, motor is full roller engine factory 383, aluminum heads, 460hp/tq, m21 4 speed, pypes stainless 2.5" x pipe exhaust with street mufflers. oh, and the paint color is liquid red, same color as the G8

:seeya:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it was only 38 degrees as you can see from the exhaust it wasn't too warm out. Supposed to get into the 50's this week though. Definitely not that close to being able to drive with all the salt and stuff on the roads but I'm getting the itch already. Can't wait to stretch her legs.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
the car looks great. but it doesnt look as springy there as it is here. 78 this weekend. i think test and tune is calling my name!
Exactly, I was out in shorts and a wife beater this weekend doing yard work sweating, lol.. Glad to see you think that is nice weather, looks like winter to me..
Car sounds and looks great!! I'm confused on the 383 thing, sounds awefully Mopar or stroked SBC, nothing factory bout that..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my grampa had a 400 sbc in the car as long as I can remember. it was old and tired, and with the $ it would have cost to build that up I just decided to get a nice reliable crate motor. and since he had cut and welded in motor mounts for a sbc I stuck with it. So yes, it is a stroked sbc... The car was never 'original' as long as I can remember since he had put the 72 gto front end on it and took off the vinyl top, etc. So I decided to stick with what I liked and what he had started.

here's a pic they sent me right before they shipped the motor to me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sweet ride,sounds badass!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
hope you saved the 400 Chevy block, those are getting hard to find these days and if still good should command a few bucks, to help offset costs...

·
Registered
181 Posts
oh now I get ya. yeah, it's the 'engine factory' out of Lebanon, NJ
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had that 383? Have you put some miles on it?

I ask because I have an old chevy truck that is begging for a sbc stroker. I've been shopping around a bit and would love to hear how your experience has been with Engine Factory.

I was beginning to lean towards going with a local builder, but that video.... well... You're car sounds dang nice. :cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't been able to drive the car yet even though I've had the motor 2 yrs this may. The painter had thecar since last may and before that the only times I started it up was to move the car around once I got the brakes/suspension done. I can let you know soon how it drives and behaves. I was very happy with their customer service and their prices are decent. I priced out everything if I were to buy it all and put it together myself and it was only like $500 more than the cost of the parts... and they do all the work, break it in on the dyno and ship it to you for that price. It starts great and idles nice from what I've seen of it so far. I wanted something that was streetable but had some power and this is the one they recommended for my application.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Spring? Me and a couple of buds went snowmobiling last nite. Nice ride Firecat.......

·
Registered
181 Posts
I haven't been able to drive the car yet even though I've had the motor 2 yrs this may. The painter had thecar since last may and before that the only times I started it up was to move the car around once I got the brakes/suspension done. I can let you know soon how it drives and behaves. I was very happy with their customer service and their prices are decent. I priced out everything if I were to buy it all and put it together myself and it was only like $500 more than the cost of the parts... and they do all the work, break it in on the dyno and ship it to you for that price. It starts great and idles nice from what I've seen of it so far. I wanted something that was streetable but had some power and this is the one they recommended for my application.
I appreciate your feedback. Thanks a ton, and your car is gorgeous. It looks absolutely killer in that video.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like 60's in Philly tomorrow, so the 67 will be out for a ride for sure.
That liquid red paint is really nice! we have had enough rain lately the salt is all gone. Personally, I love the 72 front end on your car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep looks like where i live, had mine out of the garage running breaking in a new cam & exhaust the 428 sounds good so far. I also have a 383 sbc t&l built stroker in my 72 camaro. Nice looking Lemans!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts