Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my wheel to the right I keep hearing this squeaking sound. I have had people tell me they think it might either be the brake pad or a wheel bearing. What do you guys think it might be. The car has about 35K on it and its a 2004.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Could be different things a bearing comes to mind but at only 35K I wouldn't think so but stranger things have happened. Could be brake disks or pads but just when you turn right? I would tend to think it may be something in your steering rack. When was it lubed last?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not since I bought it. I have only drove it about 5,000 miles. If I hear it all the time could it be the brakes?

·
Registered
681 Posts
It all depends on what your definition of a squeak is. On my 04, I had a creak, which could have been described as a squeak, and it turned out to be the strut bushings. Replaced under warranty and now it's quiet as a mouse!

mac

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could be different things a bearing comes to mind but at only 35K I wouldn't think so but stranger things have happened. Could be brake disks or pads but just when you turn right? I would tend to think it may be something in your steering rack. When was it lubed last?
I didn't think the late model GTO's front ends required regular lube jobs. Aren't all the joints sealed with no lube fittings or am I missing something?

Thanks,

JohnC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts