Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting alot of squeeking when i hit certain bumps. i have 3000 on my 2006. anybody liked to chime on it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
have the same thing. 2500 mi. and it seems to be comming from the drivers rear side. that and I have a oil pan leak. both will get looked at soon. for the squeeking, I think mine is the shock. just want it fixed before I put my pedder springs from my first gto in. dont want to get the (its the mods) song. take it in and good luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am going to post this just in case. It has helped a couple people on here and it was the most annoying little problem. Here is a cut and paste from an old post of mine. The quote is what it says on my service invoice...

"Customer states clang from L/rear while driving, possible E-brake adjustment. Springs on rear P brake shoes misaligned. Remove rear rotors and reposition rear parking brake shoes"

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I used to describe it as a crushed soup can being smashed against a strut tower when hitting a bump. But your dish-clanging description works too. I hope this solves your problem, I dealt with it for awhile and was embarassed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks fellas

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
as soon as i take off my mods and bring it in i will. thanks again. by the way nice gallery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts