Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MMOB on my way to work this morning and I see this car speeding down a side road, blow a stop sign about 1/4 mile in front of me then take off like no body's business. I was curious so I sped up to see what it was... It was an SRT-4 and I'd guess it was heavily modded. We both had to turn at the next light (out in the country, 4 lane to 4 lane) so I thought I'd pace him to see what he had (Lic Plate RACEU 1). It's dark out so he had no idea I was behind him and he took off really fast.... first time I've had to really wind up the old LS2 to keep up. He must've thought I was a cop or something cause he slowed down. When we got up near town where there are street lights, we had to make a right turn. He took it a heck of a lot faster than I was willing to (was a bit wet out). I caught back up with him and pulled up next to him... and found out it was a "her".. and probably in her late 50's early 60's.... As luck would have it we both came to the next light lined up. Now we're in town, in a 35 zone so I'm not messing around. I could hear her turbos over my radio so I thought I'd just let her go and see what she did. She romped it and took off... I definitely have respect for those little boogers now... and I want MORE MODS for myself :willy:

·
Registered
689 Posts
MMOB on my way to work this morning and I see this car speeding down a side road, blow a stop sign about 1/4 mile in front of me then take off like no body's business. I was curious so I sped up to see what it was... It was an SRT-4 and I'd guess it was heavily modded. We both had to turn at the next light (out in the country, 4 lane to 4 lane) so I thought I'd pace him to see what he had (Lic Plate RACEU 1). It's dark out so he had no idea I was behind him and he took off really fast.... first time I've had to really wind up the old LS2 to keep up. He must've thought I was a cop or something cause he slowed down. When we got up near town where there are street lights, we had to make a right turn. He took it a heck of a lot faster than I was willing to (was a bit wet out). I caught back up with him and pulled up next to him... and found out it was a "her".. and probably in her late 50's early 60's.... As luck would have it we both came to the next light lined up. Now we're in town, in a 35 zone so I'm not messing around. I could hear her turbos over my radio so I thought I'd just let her go and see what she did. She romped it and took off... I definitely have respect for those little boogers now... and I want MORE MODS for myself :willy:
It would have to be a stage III to beat you stock. I have taken a stage I (K&N only) and stage II (K&N and mufflers) with no problems. I beleive I read that the stage III with race fuel dynoed at over 330 hp to the wheels. With regular 91 octane it was close to 300 RWHP. Someone had posted a link that showed all the details regarding the SRT-4. Consider the weight difference, but the torque steer would be a B***H.

Steve (AKA RADIO) has gotten his SRT-4 pretty fast so far.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He definitely had an exhaust... at least. I wouldn't mind having one of those to play around in...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Race 'em from a dig, and unless they have DR's, they're a joke. That is, unless you run into a Stage III car and race far enough for him to catch you, lol. They can be tough from a roll, though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Both ones I races were from a roll!! Why they wanted to go from a roll, beats me.

I ran into a stage II on the highway and he started a fight he was never gonna finish.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Both ones I races were from a roll!! Why they wanted to go from a roll, beats me.

I ran into a stage II on the highway and he started a fight he was never gonna finish.
They want to go from a roll 'cause they can't hook out of a dig, especially Stage II + They have a much better shot from a roll. I took out a Stage II car twice from dig up to about 50ish, because of traffic. And I drive a stock 350Z. It would've been different from a roll, lol.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Before buying the GOAT, I test drove a STR-4 and the torque steer was a bitch in it's stock form. Upping it to that much HP would be a total ass pain to keep in the road.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Even if one was given to me I'd trade it in b/c turbo or not it's still a Dodge NEON!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts