Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy who's member of ls2gto.com got his bone stock Chrysler 300 SRT-8 to run a 12.56 at 111 at ATCO. Keep in mind this is close to sea level in Jersey.

Here's the video of his 12.6 at 110 run:

http://www.challengevideos.com/2005/notears/05notearsb.wmv

He also has two other monster cars:

2004 IMPULSE BLUE/BLUE INT GTO
STS TURBO 585 RWHP 694 RWTQ
10.66 @ 130 mph

**VIDEO**

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Video/brent_gto_10.66_130_mph.wmv

2002 eb zo6 CARTEK 427 600 RWHP 540 RWTQ
[email protected]

http://www.learntodragrace.com/images/brent10-27.wmv

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toolman said:
Aren't the new Chryslers 5 speed auto?
Yep. I think the SRT-8's are underrated because more than a few owners have hit high 12's on "average" in this cold weather.

B

·
0 Posts
you shoulda been around when someone said this european car could beat a bike.

B

·
0 Posts
hey, an auto may be a press gas n go car but if you win, thats all that matters!

·
Registered
40 Posts
big_mike said:
hey, an auto may be a press gas n go car but if you win, thats all that matters!
If that is all that matters then save your money and buy some light piece of junk (HONDA,etc.) and put a high output motor in it.

B

·
0 Posts
a honda? you kiddin me? to get a honda to even run 110 in the quarter takes almost 20k in mods!!!! Man look, I may be old or just plain old fashioned, but for drag racing, everyday use, commuting, and playing around, nothing beats an auto! ESPECIALLY if you dont want to keep replacing a clutch!

B

·
0 Posts
A HONDA !!!!!!!!!!

*shakes head*

thats gonna irritate me all day man.......

HONDA?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
A HONDA !!!!!!!!!!

*shakes head*

thats gonna irritate me all day man.......

HONDA?
Don't let it get to you... think about it though..... a Civic with an LS1 converted to rwd, now that wouldn't be so bad.

B

·
0 Posts
if I am gonna drive a HONDA, its gonna be an S2000 with an LS6 Procharged !!! line up yo!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I picked up a 300C SRT-8 last Saturday. Awesome car to drive! In a way it's really no comparison to the GTO. The GTO is a sports car while the 300C SRT-8 is a big 4 door luxary car. The thing is a tank at about 4300lbs!!! Heated seats, navigation, plenty of head and leg room and it just happens to run mod to high 12s. It doesn't handle to bad for what it is either. I'll probably use mine as a daily driver. Just need to keep telling myself that it can come out of the garage when it's raining :) Fun car to drive and the best part is most people don't expect it to be as fast as it is. Besides the respectable 1/4 mile times it will also run close to 175 MPH on the big end. :party:

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT SPECIALS!

WE HAVE YOUR FORCED INDUCTION NEEDS COVERED WITH - ATI, VORTECH AND MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGERS ALONG WITH STS TURBOS!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts