Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always said that the SRT-8 may be fast but it will never be able outrun its own ugly.

Well...apparently can't outrun a 2004 GTO either.

I just had my first tangle w/ a SRT-8. This guy was messing with me on a local street, snapping the Hemi and looking over, obviously wanting to tangle. I must admit that I didn't want to engage, necessarily. The press on those things is quite intimidating. However, I had to make a showing...finally, we hit a light where we could play.

The SRT-8 initially pulled forward slightly...but after 4th the Holden just pulled away (thank God for the shift light/tone). When we got to the next light, the SRT's driver looked over smiling, nodded appreciatively, and made the "OK" sign.

I dunno whether to chalk it up to the bulk of the Chrysler, lack of skill with its driver, the slushbox they are stuck with, or what. All the specs I've read said that these things are supposed to be monsters...but after that little run I have more respect for the Evos and STis of the world than those ginormous blingboxes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Groucho said:
I've always said that the SRT-8 may be fast but it will never bea able outrun its own ugly.

Well...apparently can't outrun a 2004 GTO either.

I just had my first tangle w/ a SRT-8. This guy was messing with me on a local street, snapping the Hemi and looking over, obviously wanting to tangle. I must admit that I didn't want to engage, necessarily. The press on those things is quite intimidating. However, I had to make a showing...finally, we hit a light where we could play.

The SRT-8 initially pulled forward slightly...but after 4th the Holden just pulled away (thank God for the shift light/tone). When we got to the next light, the SRT's driver looked over smiling, nodded appreciatively, and made the "OK" sign.

I dunno whether to chalk it up to the bulk of the Chrysler, lack of skill with its driver, the slushbox they are stuck with, or what. All the specs I've read said that these things are supposed to be monsters...but after that little run I have more respect for the Evos and STis of the world than those ginormous blingboxes.
Grouch, was it the Charger or the 300?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts