Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drive into work is usually a joy. I go in early enough that traffic is light and those on the road want to get where they are going. This morning was no exception.

As I'm heading down a nice 4 lane divided road that heads into Orlando I see a pick-up truck gaining on me at a pretty fast clip. I'm doing 65 in a 55 and this person was doing 10 more than me. They moved over to the left lane and passed and I heard and saw at the same time the V10 sound.

It was one of the short bed regular cab ones. I sped up to check it out and the guy thought I wanted to race so he nailed it. I nailed it too and stopped his pull and slowly gained on him. By 100 I was a nose ahead and let off.

He slowed but not as fast as I did and pulled away.

We came up to a traffic light that turned red and he nailed the brakes to stop in time. I knew he wanted to run me again and there wasn't a car in sight behind or in front so I said what the heck.

Traction control off and a pretty conservative launch yeilded a half car advantage for the big truck with the steamroller tires. When he made his 1-2 and his 2-3 shifts I moved up a bit and ended about even with him at 70 where I slowly started to pull. By 110 I had about 3 car lengths on him and let off.

He gave me a blink of the lbrake lights as he passed and a toot on the horn.

As a guess I'd say he was a 13.6-13.5 1/4 mile vehicle. Cool truck for sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice runs and he was a good sport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts