Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't driven the Vette in about 2-1/2 weeks. It's been neglected since I got my Z28. So I decided it need to be exercised today. Drove it into work and it was the right day.

I caught a light against an SRT8 Challenger. We had a pretty good strip to run on that leads up to the entrance ramp to the freeway.

By the top of first it was pretty much over. I had him by about a half a car length and then just steadily pulled away from him By the time we got to the freeway entrance about a 1/4 mile away, I was well ahead of him, about 6 car lengths at about a 100 mph. I let off and the tool did a ricer fly-by, flashers and all.

I'm sure that on some SRT forum right now a guy with an Orange SRT8 Challenger is telling people he beat a C6 Vette once they got above 100. I can just see it, he's writing, " once we got above 100 the superior power of the Hemi kicked in and I caught him and opened up 5 car lengths by 120." :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I'm sure that on some SRT forum right now a guy with an Orange SRT8 Challenger is telling people he beat a C6 Vette once they got above 100. I can just see it, he's writing, " once we got above 100 the superior power of the Hemi kicked in and I caught him and opened up 5 car lengths by 120." :lol:
Nice kill. And yeah I bet it does say that too on a forum somewhere, he feels pretty good about himself now.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My 06 has a maggie and 500 hp at the rear wheels and I have blown two SRT8 away. The car is to heavy and no low end speed/torque to match me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is your Vette stock or do you have some mods? Just wanted to know in case I run up against a Challenger.My C5 Vette has a few mods and runs with stock C5Z06 Vettes.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Is your Vette stock or do you have some mods? Just wanted to know in case I run up against a Challenger.My C5 Vette has a few mods and runs with stock C5Z06 Vettes.
If your keeping up with C5 Z06's , you should be fine against a challenger.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice kill. 6 cars at around 100mph sounds like a lot. I don't doubt it though. Just wondering do you have an LS2 or LS3? mods? Z51? A6 6m?

And gawd I hope some tool isn't thinking he beat a Vette. That would be bad.

A stock Challenger only has a "hope" against a C6 LS2 A4.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If your 'Vette has a few mods I wouldn't worry about any stock or mildly modded Challenger. Be careful of those "old school" Challengers at the track though:cool

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have Haltech intake on it and a Vararam throtlebody spacer. Not too much. Those two mods picked up.3 at the strip. I'm running mid 12's and from the sounds of it you are low 12's.

I wouldn't worry about a stock SRT8 if I were you.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice kill. 6 cars at around 100mph sounds like a lot. I don't doubt it though. Just wondering do you have an LS2 or LS3? mods? Z51? A6 6m?

And gawd I hope some tool isn't thinking he beat a Vette. That would be bad.

A stock Challenger only has a "hope" against a C6 LS2 A4.
05 C6 M6 Z51. I've got a Vararam throttlebody spacer and a CAI on it. It runs pretty steady into the mid 12's in Florida heat and humidity. I've got headers and exhaust sitting in the garage for it.

Even with the A4 the C6 is into the 12's. The A6 car is actually faster than the M6. The SRT8 Challenger is a 13.0-13.1 car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The few mods are LT headers,hi flow cats,Corsa catback, C.A.I.,dyno tuned and Z51 suspension parts.My Vette is a 6 speed. 357 RWHP,Never took it to the track and only raced on the street againsted a C5zo6,C6,and a bunch of Mustangs.I did get blown off by a C6z06 with a 427.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Even with the A4 the C6 is into the 12's. The A6 car is actually faster than the M6. The SRT8 Challenger is a 13.0-13.1 car.
I'm aware of the A6s. Great set-up for racing.

The Challenger from a roll would give an A4 a good run. Equal drivers the A4 would win at the track.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts