Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading home from work tonight and was on a nice divided 4 lane. Traffic was very light.

I could see an Orange car in the distance and as I got close to it I realized it was a Challenger. When I got real close I saw the SRT8 badges.

I started to pass and this guy, he was about 60-65 as my guess, points at my car and shakes his head and pinches his nose.

I clicked it down into drive so I had one less gear to drop. I waved and stepped down to about half throttle. He nailed it and quickly pulled even.

I mashed the gas which stopped his pull with him about a half car length ahead at about 80. By 100 I had pulled about a car and a half on him and at 120 where I let off I had about 4 or 5 cars on him.

He came flying past me giving me the finger. I just waved again.

I know that's not typical of most of the SRT8 people I've met. I'm really glad I pounded him to put him in his place. There really isn't any reason to be like that.

He never let up and I didn't see him again.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i am guessing your car is a 2000 camaro. i am sure it wasn't the cavalier , but he was mad that he got beat by 9 year old car!!:lol::cool:willy::cheers

nice kill

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002 Z28 so it was only a 7 year old car.

I still haven't replaced the Vette so I'm down to just two cars, Z28 and the Cavalier.

This weekend should be the weekend for an addition to the fleet again. I think it's going to suprise everyone.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hate people like that, but it makes the win that much more glorious. I thought I'd be a fan of that car, but someone down the block has an orange one and it's just to much like a big tank...doesn't do it for me. The Charger is even worse IMO.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
sounds like a guy a worked with with in j'town. what a dirt bag.

nice one fergy

you should start painting your kills with a line through them on your fender.:lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
People, they are the worst...LOL...Car folks should stick together, not be total A-Holes to each other, that's ashame.
Nice kill for sure...:cool

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
I think the SRT-8 badge gives some of those guys the idea that their cars are so f'n special or above others. Personally, most of the Mopar guys I've encountered on the forums I visit really aren't too far from the guy you beat. Their attitudes stink and they feel they have to defend or make excuses for every Hemi kill they come across. I don't get it. There are some cool ones out there too but they're out numbered by the douchemongers. Regardless of the turd behind the wheel, I like all the SRT-8 models. I'd own either one of them. I bet homey didn't share that asswhooping he got with any of his buddies either.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My only real competition in high school was a '71 dodge demon, and man was that kid an ass. I thought it was just him, but he thought that car was soo hot. He soon found out that he just couldn't hang with the goat. He always put a sour taste in my mouth about mopars, he was just wayy too cocky.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Douche bags come in all walks of life and drive all sorts of cars. Thats a real nice win. From what I've read those SRT-8s have serious pull on the top end.
You're right.

I watched to see if he was shifting, but it was an automatic, so he didn't make a mistake shifting.

I've run a few SRT8's at the track and they seem to match me in MPH, granted these cars were all lightly modded, but still this one should have been closer. The 6.1 Hemi is definately a top end monster. They push the bricks they call Chargers and 300C's up into the high 160 and low 170 area.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is a really nice kill against the frickin' tool. Sounds spot-on. Jeeze, like how many other V8 domestic coupes were available before the Challenger and he's making rude gestures? Old fart.

What speed did you guys go WOT at?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Good kill, I can't say anything about SRT-8 drivers, or blame Mopar for that idiots actions, I know they come in all shapes and forms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice job puting the a-hole in his place fergy. :cheers

I guess he read all the magazine articles where the SRT-8 beats everything on the road, and thought he was the shiznat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nice kill and good job of killing that guy's ego about his SRT-8 being a bad ass. Brought him back to reality and have nothing against Mopars but those kind of drivers are what Chrysler number 3 of the big 3. Even though those hemi's produce good hp/torque, their weight just messes them up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even though those hemi's produce good hp/torque, their weight just messes them up
FYI the SRT-8 is only .48lbs/hp heavier than the LS2 GTO and .85lbs/hp lighter than the LS1 GTO. By the #s, that puts it's weight between the ls1 and LS2 GTO. Just goes to show that can be heavy if it has the power to back it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts