Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again another flyby out on the hyway by a new SS Camaro.No way would this guy line up next to me, I guess he knew I would blow his doors off. He would always come up from behind doing 90 so there was noway to catch him.My Vette is putting down 357 to the wheels with LT headers CAI,tuned.I can't wait to have an even run just to see how fast they are.Those things weigh close to 3900 lbs i think. What kind is times are they running?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Again another flyby out on the hyway by a new SS Camaro.No way would this guy line up next to me, I guess he knew I would blow his doors off. He would always come up from behind doing 90 so there was noway to catch him.My Vette is putting down 357 to the wheels with LT headers CAI,tuned.I can't wait to have an even run just to see how fast they are.Those things weigh close to 3900 lbs i think. What kind is times are they running?
magazines are getting 13 flat at around 110. I seen a ss run at Atco last tuesday. It ran [email protected] 109 so I'd say the magazine times are fairly acurate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
...Those things [camaro SS] weigh close to 3900 lbs i think. What kind is times are they running?
Think again. GTOs are 3800lbs, the Fbody will tip the scales at 3400-3500lbs, a touch more than your C5. Most magazines have them 13.0, but on more than a few occasions people have taken bone stock LS1 Fbodies into the high 12s.

·
Registered
121 Posts
GTO's weigh a little less then 3800 depending on your transmission... manual weighs closer to mid 3600 and the autos weight about 3700... not a big difference but the new camaros are still pigs if you ask me =P

·
Registered
208 Posts
Think again. GTOs are 3800lbs, the Fbody will tip the scales at 3400-3500lbs, a touch more than your C5. Most magazines have them 13.0, but on more than a few occasions people have taken bone stock LS1 Fbodies into the high 12s.
You might want to go check the specs of the 5th gen. Camaro again. They are around 3900lb. The 4th gen. F-body was around 3450lb. but the OP is talking about the 5th gen.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You might want to go check the specs of the 5th gen. Camaro again. They are around 3900lb. The 4th gen. F-body was around 3450lb. but the OP is talking about the 5th gen.
I agree! There has got to be a good 500 to 600 pound weight difference between a Vette and the 5th Gen Camaro. If the OP is putting 360 to the wheels he'd have about the same amount of power as the new Camaro in a much lighter car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Vette is putting down 357 RWHP and i did check the weight on the Vette and Camaro.True the Vette is 500-600 lbs lighter.I have taken out C5 z06 Vettes from a slow roll before and was ahead by 1 and a half cars.The new Camaros are fast but heavy.Same goes for Mustangs,they have the HP but are also heavy.My Vette so far has gotten a good jump on every thing from a roll that i have ever raced on the street.It's the lighter weight and aerodynamics that makes a Vette quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts