Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Gotta little bit of a problem developing. Now that we're starting to have wide temp changes (High 60-70s in day to Low 40-30s at night), the Goat is starting to act up like it was last fall. The symptom its having is when I pull up to a stop sign and turn or turn into a parking space, it will stall. Sometimes it cuts completely out and sometimes I can blip the throttle a bit, but the idle is still really surging when I blip it.

I've got HPTuners so I can get in there and tune some stuff, so thats not a big deal. I was looking at my log file and it seemed to be running fine, so my guess is either the airflow is a little messed up or I need to mess with the accessory torque settings. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I don't think the temps effect the tune as I don't have to tune for winter and summer driving and I have no issues.

Did the car sit? Maybe the gas went bad, you could use a tune up. If you stored and disconnected your battery, your computer could be relearnign the fuel trims.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
The fuel filter is part of the pump in the tank. You need to replace the whole thing if it's clogged. You could check your base air flow. Did you change anything on the idle tables?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts