Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I picked up a 67 Tempest Convertible form a guy in TN. Aside from being a convertible, it's nothing special. It's missing quite a few parts and it's only a Tempest, so I'm planning to do 67 GTO metal with a 06 GTO driveline and custom interior. I've been doing panel work and project planning for few months. It's time to start sourcing parts for the build up.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
welcome to the Tempest/Lemans gang....I like to think of it this way a Tempest is a "GTO light" literally, throw a stroked 400 in it, disc front brakes , forget the badges and the tailight panel, you will see less nice restored Tempests than you will GTO's and your car can do anything a gto will do with bolt on modifications....and it is lighter according to Pontiac.

heres a nice Vert for you to use as a screen saver....this is the color mine will be in a month

1966 Tempest pictures by instg8ter - Photobucket

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!

@Instg8ter - I checked out your build. Love the work on the gauge pod!

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Just in the custom interior. Semi-old school engine. 4l80e trans. ADVICE: Find your interior parts (2006 seats,etc.) sooner than later.....GM charges a FORTUNE for the seat parts. So try to find them from a low mileage wreck!:cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts