Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I'm going down to get rims and tires (finally)
The plan hithertofore (lol) is to get cheap steel rims.
Question.....if later I want to slut the car up a bit....will Rally trim rings and hub caps fit the rims?
thanks as always...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Question.....if later I want to slut the car up a bit....will Rally trim rings and hub caps fit the rims?
thanks as always...

If they are Rally II rims then yes... otherwise the great slut option is those plastic bull testicals I see on the back of some trucks around here. ;) J/K

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Top, they are all different. The repro rims that Coker sells have the nubs on the center section that will hold a poverty hubcap. The lip design and off set will determine if a beauty ring will work. I recommend just getting some used mags for now (like American's or Cragar's) and go that route. Or, junkyard it. Any 14 or 15 inch 5 lug from a GM or Mopar from the '60's thru the late '70's will work. Rally II's in the 15 inch diameter can be had on the cheap, if you hunt for them a bit. Watch for wallowed out lug nut holes, though. (Raises his glass in a salute towards the Pacific Northwest....home of Salmon and crazy men with hotrodded cars)....

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Any 14 or 15 inch 5 lug from a GM or Mopar from the '60's thru the late '70's will work....

Good God geeteeohguy, you just recommended MOPAR rims to a fellow Pontiac'er :eek:. I had to quote this for posterity and may even put it in my sig. :rofl:

Topkat....I'd look for some 15x7 ralley II's on your local Craigslist, they are very common and should be reletively inexpensive. Please no Mopar ralley's....They'll just slow you down lol. :lol:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
My mind's been erased so many times that I'm afraid the tape's worn out. No reprogramming. (Notice I said tape...not CD, not disc, not flash drive....just plain, old, reel-to reel TAPE...not even a cassette...that'd be too high tech for me!!)

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrighty then!, 4 trips to Les Schwab later, the Beast now sports 15x8 in rear and 15x7 in front, they had to cut away about a 1/4 of the trim in the inner rear wheel well.......and the 15x8's were hitting on the front fender.
oh ya and my front end alignment went super!
oh, pretty sure some mat ask.....tires are P245/60R-15 & P235/60R-15
looks killer, oh, theyre rally in silver
thanks as usual........
3 weeks till my inspection, insurance starts friday!:D
:party::seeya:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts