Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving around aimlessly looking for a stoplight drag, I noticed that if you hold the middle left button on the steering wheel for more than two seconds while listening to a CD, instead of changing to the next track, it will change to the next disc. :cool I was wondering if this was the only hidden feature on the radio that I overlooked while reading the owner's manual?

By the way, I was wondering if I'm the only one who feels that the horn button is to akward to push( it feels like maybe the springs under it are too stiff) ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
My steering wheel buttons sometimes fowl up as well. The volume up button will sometimes mute the volume, the volume down button will increase the volume, and the next/back buttons mess up as well on occasion. One day it was really off and switched cds when I hit the volume button.

I tried bringing it to the dealer, but of course by the time I got there...it was working fine. Once you hit that "electromagnetic ring" around all car dealers or even just repair shops (when I had my bronco), most problems cease and desist. So, one day I'm waiting for it to act up while I'm near the dealer so I can get it fixed. There were no codes or anything present last time I brought it in.

As far as holding the next button for 2 seconds making it switch to another cd, I never tried that...maybe that's normal, just I know mine isn't.

Also, as far as the horn goes, try hitting more to the sides, where you see the horn symbol. I was parked waiting for someone just tapping the steering wheel, and it went off when I tapped the sides without much effort. I know, hit the center, and it's way too stiff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts