Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is bubbling on my 06 too. I noticed the day that I bought the car. The dealer is going to replace them when I get it back out of storage in the spring. The service manager told me to just give him a call and he would order them for me and put them on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine were bubbled when i bought it and I have an appointment tomorrow to get it replaced, i also have a plastic rub on the steering that they are going to fix as well

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have that plastic rub too when it adjusted all the way. I noticed that on a couple of others that I test drove before I bought mine. Not sure how they are going to fix that. Just seems like a design defect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When you turn the steering wheel there is a little plastic rub a the base of the steering wheel. Not sure where exactly. I took mine in this morning at 7:45 and I got it back a little after 12:00. They installed a new steering wheel, so no more bubbling or rub.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my spokes were delaminating/bubbling, and I took it to the dealer for repair. they actually had the pieces in stock, and swapped them out in no time flat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The rub was actually there on all 3 Goats that I test drove. It happened happens when it is fully extended down as far as it will go. I like my steering whell that way. But, with the rub on mine, I can't do that. I guess I will have ot have them fix that too when they replace the steering wheel spokes. The back of my seat tracks popped off also. They are a pain to ge back on too.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i don't have the rub but i have the bubbly. the more i look the more of the spokes are getting bubbly. it started with one, now it's two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts