Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vibration in my steering wheel, but it is only when the steering wheel is NOT top dead center. If I am driving straight it doesn't vibrate, but when I turn slightly to either side to correct my self or go into a gradual turn it vibrates. Feels kind of like a bad rotor pulsation, but I am not applying the brakes. I have headers and I know the steering rack goes through a couple of the tubes. I thought maybe this might be the issue if they are rubbing, but it feels more like it has to do with the wheels. Anyone had this issue? Or maybe shed some light on it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
May want to get an alignment check somewere. It almost sounds like a bad tie rod. Not saying that is it but very possible. And most places do free alignment checks so bonus.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The tires are about 8 months of daily drving old. It is time for a new alignment and balance anyways. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Strut rub, maybe?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got the car aligned and it was bareley out up front and was perfect in the rear. Any other suggestions? Perhaps maybe it could be the wheel bearings?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts