Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah you read that right! :lol: On my home from hanging out New Year's Eve and one exit away from getting off the freeway, I see some headlights coming up on me pretty fast. So I wait to see what they were and the first car to pass me was a C5 Vette followed by a newer model Mustang GT. So I say, "Ah what the hell" and sped up. I quickly passed the Mustang. When I got about 2 or 3 lengths behind the Vette, I see the rear end drop as he put it in a lower gear. So I decided to roll in 4th gear because I knew a race was soon approaching. By the time I get to his rear bumper he guns it. About a few seconds later I was about a half a car in front of him before we both slowed down due to some light traffic. When we made it through, the Vette was on my buttocks waiting for me to make a move. So I slowly ease into it to see if he wanted to go again. Well he stayed with me until I nailed it. By the time I got near the top of 4th he was easily 10 cars or so behind. Maybe it was closer, maybe it was farther, but he was a good ways behind. He flashed his lights and I decided to get off on the next exit. The Vette pulls up next to me and the guy sticks his arm out of the window and gives me a thumbs up and flashed his hazards. I guess flashing the hazards are for losses too. Maybe that's why the ricers do it so much. :rofl: I flashed him with the high beams and gave a few honks and exitted the freeway. I'm not sure what happened to the Mustang. I just felt that he was being bullied so I felt the need to rescue him like an old lady's cat stuck in a tree.

That was the 3rd Vette that I have run and beat. The others were a C5 Z06 and a C6. Not sure what the C6 had, LS2 or LS3, but regardless he got the jump on me and I still pulled past him and got a car length or 2 in front of him before we let off (gm4life was behind us). All the Vette guys were cool about the runs though.

All I ask is that you guys be kind and help out the Mustang guys if you see that they're being pushed around. Well, that's if you're not doing the pushing. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
gt-40 intake ,stock cam,dart heads,cartech t-64 e turbo,3.27 gears 535rwhp 622ftbls,etc i have a gto 6.0 starting to get modded! just laughin at all the sh1! being talked about mustangs!! MINE RUNS 11.30S on drag [email protected] 128 taking off easy!! but love roll racing:D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
gt-40 intake ,stock cam,dart heads,cartech t-64 e turbo,3.27 gears 535rwhp 622ftbls,etc i have a gto 6.0 starting to get modded! just laughin at all the sh1! being talked about mustangs!! MINE RUNS 11.30S on drag [email protected] 128 taking off easy!! but love roll racing:D
Very impressive numbers, where exactly are you located at?

What mods are you planning to put on the goat?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i live i the quadcities but go to naperville alot! i have a preditor tuner ,cold air and 4.30s for the goat want to get heads and a cam:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
i work on my own stuff :) been workin on my own cars since my 1973 road runner back in 1988!had a few mustangs, camaros and lightning ,grand national and yes a GTO!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I don't think I was talking **** but that's your opinion. I didn't even say anything negative about the Mustang. If you read most of the threads on Mustangs I'm probably one of the few guys that don't clown Mustangs.

I know that there is no way that we'd ever meet up but I would run ya if we did. I think it would be fun to see how close it would be. I don't spend much time at the track so I have no idea what my car would run. When I do take it I will run on the street wheels and tires (19") since that is how I drive in 99.9% of the time.

What was your 60' time on the run above? With that kind of power I would expect a lower ET than that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i ran on 17 inch et street radiels,left at idle spun got a 1.98 60 ft idid not have a two step then so i left no boost till about 30 ft and with 3.27 gears it left poopy and then blew the tires off but still managed 11.33 @128 i have a twostep and slicks so i can boost it and get a 60ft heck a1.7 and it will go 10s at 130 plus!:) but i dont pound my car into the ground either!but if you see i went 128mph thats not 11sec mph!and thats on 93 octane this year ill get a 110 tune!

·
Registered
461 Posts
4.30 gears are ridiculous. A ford focus should be able to beat a goat with gearing like that lol. You are a crazy crazy man!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Nice kill Anthony, the mustang driver is probably spreading the story of how the goat that came out of nowhere, defending his honor. :cool

Nice mustang turbowizard. Every forum will have they're negative chit-chat about mustangs, but when it all comes down to an all out drag car, I wouldn't go for anything but a stang. You get cheaper parts, easy motor to work with, and a reliable DD during the transformation into a monster. :cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I love the 5.0 Fox Body cars.

I'm not too impressed with the 4.6 unless it's a 4V car then it gets my attention.

The 4.6 needs FI if it's not a 4V to run anywhere close to a LSx powered car. I think Ford made some huge compromises when they designed the 4.6 to save tooling and manufacturing costs.

What gets me about Mustangs are all the guys that talk about them like their 2003 GT with an intake, exhaust, underdrive pulley and 3.73 gears are fast cars.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I love the 5.0 Fox Body cars.

I'm not too impressed with the 4.6 unless it's a 4V car then it gets my attention.

The 4.6 needs FI if it's not a 4V to run anywhere close to a LSx powered car. I think Ford made some huge compromises when they designed the 4.6 to save tooling and manufacturing costs.

What gets me about Mustangs are all the guys that talk about them like their 2003 GT with an intake, exhaust, underdrive pulley and 3.73 gears are fast cars.
Those mods turn them into a 13.5 secondish car. that's pretty fast.:D I grew up in the mid 80s when a 15 second car was fast.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nice tale & kill for sure...:cool Not a Mustang hater here, they have their place in the muscle car world...

·
Registered
17 Posts
4.30 gears are ridiculous. A ford focus should be able to beat a goat with gearing like that lol. You are a crazy crazy man!
my 6.0 gto is a heavy car ,this gear worked great in my 98 camaro with h/c/i,,,,as for the focus it could not beat me if i started in third!!!i am going to run this car on motor with a cam and heads, xhaust! ridiculous,,, have you tried it? i bet it pickes up and 60fts!:D

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Those mods turn them into a 13.5 secondish car. that's pretty fast.:D I grew up in the mid 80s when a 15 second car was fast.
I had an 86 Mustang GT in 1986. I did heads and cam, was balanced and blueprinted, headers and a complete intake and exhaust. It went from consistant 15.0 to a 13.5 second car and was faster than 99.5% of the cars on the road.

I remember the late 70's and early 80's when a 10 second 0-60 was much better than average and a 11.5 second 0-60 was acceptable. A Trans Am or a Z28 ran 0-60 in 8.5-9.0 seconds. The fastest Vette was the L-82 and they were 0-60 in 7.9 seconds and they barely broke into the 15's in the 1/4 mile. Man have we made progress!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts