Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused

I think it is weird that when you turn the car off, get out and lock it with the factory remote, that the stereo stays on and keeps playing.

Does any body else have this problem, or just me.

The only thing I have done is remove the relay for the daytime running lights since I don't always want the lights on. I wouldn't have thought this would have any affect on the stereo. But I could be wrong..

Any thoughts on how to fix the stereo problem or is it normal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its not normal. it should turn off as soon as you take out the key. Put the relay back in and see if that changes any thing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the drl relay removed and my stereo shuts off with key removal.

The wipers don't (they always continue until they park.)

Put the relay back for the drl's and if it fixes the stereo(it shuts off with key removal),
:confused then perhaps it wasn't the drl relay you pulled??? :confused

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put the DRL relay back in. Still the same issue.

Radio stays on no matter what. You have to physically turn it off on the stereo itself.

Any other ideas..
Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
153 Posts
When you remove the ignition key, there should be a definite clunk at the lock cylinder. (No clunk, lock cylinder problem).

Also, with the ignition key removed, the steering wheel should lock after trying to turn it hard. (Wheel doesn't lock, lock cylinder problem).

Try the power windows with the key removed, but the radio still on.
(Windows work, lock cylinder problem).

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
VYSSUTE said:
Put the DRL relay back in. Still the same issue.

Radio stays on no matter what. You have to physically turn it off on the stereo itself.

Any other ideas..
Cheers

Simon

Simon,

You have a short somewhere. Time for the dealer to earn thier warrenty work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers

Thanks guys, It goes in at the end of the week. They have to fix

Stereo as posted above.

Windshield water spray not functioning.

Soft launch rattle (from the back somewhere)

Oh, ya gotta love those Aussies. :cheers

My GTO feels like a Friday afternoon factory job at Port Elizabeth. The boys could get down to the pub fast enough. Even tho, I still love my GTO.

Simon

·
Registered
88 Posts
VYSSUTE said:
Thanks guys, It goes in at the end of the week. They have to fix

Stereo as posted above.

Windshield water spray not functioning.

Soft launch rattle (from the back somewhere)

Oh, ya gotta love those Aussies. :cheers

My GTO feels like a Friday afternoon factory job at Port Elizabeth. The boys could get down to the pub fast enough. Even tho, I still love my GTO.

Simon
MY RADIO HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE PURCHASE, NO A/C,,,NO REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER,,,,NO LIGHTS ON HEATER CONTROLS,,,,AND NOW THEY SAY LONG DELAY ON RADIO?? SEEMS MORE LIKE A 64 GTO THAN A NEW ONE,,,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuse

If anyone else has this problem, turns out it is just a fuse. Dealership fixed it for me. I guess I probably should have checked that. Oh well... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I guess since bath tub drains swirl in a different direction in the southern hemisphere, fuses work backwards too.

N Hemisphere Blown Fuse = Won't turn ON

S Hemisphere Blown fuse = Won't turn OFF

·
Registered
88 Posts
VYSSUTE said:
Enough pokin fun at us Ozzi's alright. But it was funny
I will poke fun at ""Aussies"" forever,,,my GTO is a total piece of sh#t,,left the factory with a dead radio,,dead rear window fogger, dead heat/a/c controls, misadjusted Emergency break,,,,filthy brake fluid that my dealer won't replace, so I will have to pay to,,,the idiot Aussies obviously have NO INSPECTION PROCESSS on cars before they leave the factory,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
bsmcall said:
I guess since bath tub drains swirl in a different direction in the southern hemisphere, fuses work backwards too.

N Hemisphere Blown Fuse = Won't turn ON

S Hemisphere Blown fuse = Won't turn OFF

Now that's a good one! I was wondering why a blown fuse would keep something from turining off, but I guess that explains it! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the answer, but on page 3-16 (Accessory Control) of the manual it states that the accessories can be operated without the key in ignition by turning on one of the accessories. This activates a one hour timer. I have not tried this personally so I'm not sure if this will help or not.

Good Luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts