Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've noticed that it doesn't seem to actually mute but significantly lower the volume.. if you have it at low volume it seems to mute, at higher volumes it just seems to drop the volume not actually mute (if that makes sense)... I've had mine blasting, hit mute and still be able to hear it (just not loud).. sometimes when i make a cell call i'll mute from the high volume,,, and after ending call completely forget it's on mute as i can still hear it...

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goatsandstrats said:
I've noticed that it doesn't seem to actually mute but significantly lower the volume.. if you have it at low volume it seems to mute, at higher volumes it just seems to drop the volume not actually mute (if that makes sense)... I've had mine blasting, hit mute and still be able to hear it (just not loud).. sometimes when i make a cell call i'll mute from the high volume,,, and after ending call completely forget it's on mute as i can still hear it...
That's about what mine does. I thought maybe there was something wrong. I thought when you mute something it makes it silent, like when you mute your TV. Guess this stereo semi-mutes it :confused

·
Registered
143 Posts
GTO judge said:
That's about what mine does. I thought maybe there was something wrong. I thought when you mute something it makes it silent, like when you mute your TV. Guess this stereo semi-mutes it :confused
True, but "semi-mute" wouldn't fit on the button. Besides, some might think that means pushing the button would quiet the jake brake on the 18 wheeler next to you. :rofl:

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's what "muhte" does on most audio devices. It only dims the sonds a whole lot instead of cutting it off completely. Try turning your TV up loud then muting it, if you listen carefully you should still be able to hear it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.