Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 twelve inch treo subs an a 1200 watt treo amp. I havnt decided if i want to hook these up or get rid of them and get new speakers/amp to replace the ones in it. Need opinons. Also if i do decide to keep them what is the easiest way to run wire into the trunk with least as possible showing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Depends if you value booming bass over trunk space.

Personally, I value trunk space. You can put 8-10 inch subs in either the rear deck or rear quarters. You would build a couple of boxes for the rear quarters, but there is no room to build an enclosure in the rear deck. For the deck, you would simply get free-air or infinite baffle compatible woofers.

I put two 8" subs in the rear deck.

You can easily run wires to the trunk by removing the lower door sill cover, and the rear seat.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
317 Posts
Depends if you value booming bass over trunk space.

Personally, I value trunk space. You can put 8-10 inch subs in either the rear deck or rear quarters. You would build a couple of boxes for the rear quarters, but there is no room to build an enclosure in the rear deck. For the deck, you would simply get free-air or infinite baffle compatible woofers.

I put two 8" subs in the rear deck.

You can easily run wires to the trunk by removing the lower door sill cover, and the rear seat.

Regards,

Gary
:agree

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Joker

Hi, im in search of a guy that hangs out here with the screen name THE JOKER..

Im told he's the one to see in ref. to fiberglassing a enclosure for the rear trunk of the GTO..

Michael
[email protected]
YAHOO: MB30126

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, just a quick update on my system, ive been working on. it's been awhile since my last post on this topic. Anyway, I am up to a Kenwood DDX-512 stereo, (4) 6 1/2 infinity, (2) 6 1/2 infinity component (set), Kicker 650 x4 (4channel) amp... and it sounds great! My final intallation will be (2) Kicker Solo Barics 12" w/custom box, 1500watt Kicker amp,and custom lighting in the trunk to match my cars color. I will post pics of the finished product...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts