Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a old time Mustang love I must say I like my GTO very much. The thing I dont like is the radio cuts off when you crank it for 5 minuts or more, is it a way to bypass this shut off system or am I going to have to replace the the entire system ??? :confused

·
Registered
47 Posts
racerxdetroit said:
As a old time Mustang love I must say I like my GTO very much. The thing I dont like is the radio cuts off when you crank it for 5 minuts or more, is it a way to bypass this shut off system or am I going to have to replace the the entire system ??? :confused
Yes. Do a search here in the forum and you'll find it.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may remove the system but shouldnt have to waist the money, I leased the GTO because it was the first model year, wanted to know what bugs the car has. If they dont fix the problems im reading abou and the ones I am having I will replace thr GTO when my lease is up with a 06 Mustang Cobra convert.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you replace the GTO with a Mustang...... you'll have more problems than you had in the GTO. (04 GTO and 05 Mustang Cobra owner)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced my 95 Mustang Saleen 351 with 179,000 hard miles for my GTO, I was impressed with the GTO and it was time for a new car. The GTO won hands down compaired to the 05 Mustang GT. The Mustang looks better to me but thats it, the goat drives better, way more power and more room it ( and the inside of the goat is the **** ). I never had a major problem out of my Mustang and any part I needed was always right at my finger tips..( I live in Detroit ) When I bought my Goat and someone at the dealer took the floor mats so they had to replace them, I got the car November 15th 2004 and got the mats January 4th 2005 because the had to be shipped from down under. So if you REALLY need a part that stops the car from working OH BOY. Not putting the car down but GM is slipping again, the last GM car I owned was a 1992 IROC convert and it was a heap from day one. I have a 2002 GMC Yukon and had good luck with it and love it. Only time will tell if I buy a new GTO after my lease is up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts