Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car detailed on Saturday and then noticed some sticky, clear goo oozing out from under my rear window seal. It is gooey and smells a little like tree sap. I look closely at the car daily and have never noticed anything like this before. The only thing I can think of is a chemical reaction with the glass spray the detailer used, but it has never happened before. I am worried that this may have shot the seal and now my rear winsheild will start to leak. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the same thing, same place. I was going to post the same question (lazy). I think it's some of the window sealant leaking out, from heat or whatever. I was just going to take a razor blade and scrape it off and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chief D said:
I had my car detailed on Saturday and then noticed some sticky, clear goo oozing out from under my rear window seal. It is gooey and smells a little like tree sap. I look closely at the car daily and have never noticed anything like this before. The only thing I can think of is a chemical reaction with the glass spray the detailer used, but it has never happened before. I am worried that this may have shot the seal and now my rear winsheild will start to leak. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
It's probably Eucalyptus sap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.